News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

HS Members Prediction Thread: USC

Wow I don't know what to think.

SHA thinks we are going to get routed..............which he never thinks.

Mike thinks we are going to lose in a close one.................we suck until we don't

BUT they both agree we are going to lose (they never agree LOL).............................so Coyote doesn't know which way too turn.

24-17 Texas..................hold my Kool-Aid and watch this

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My prediction is we are unable to run the ball on USC defense and that our special teams especially the punter have a bad night as USC takes home a victory 34-14.

Edited by mctmatt
grammer error

33 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Current forecast for Saturday: 90% chance of rain. I think sloppy conditions is better for us.

Texas 17

USC 13

Crap. How many hours of rain delay will this entail? UT needs an indoor stadium so that it doesn't interrupt my tv viewing.

42 minutes ago, dillohorn said:

Crap. How many hours of rain delay will this entail? UT needs an indoor stadium so that it doesn't interrupt my tv viewing.

Rain is not a problem. Its the lightning that sometimes come with it that causes the delays.

Here are my thoughts regarding this game.

Biggest game UT has played in a LONG time. Why? Because this is the roof top. We will either slide to the left or right. We will either solidify this class with a win, or we will lose and possibly cost us the class we thought we'd have.

Meanwhile, aggy sits over there in dead dog town celebrating yet another moral victory. I mean, if you're going to lose, thats they way to do it. Great game. But then again, aggy has ALWAYS claimed the moral victories.

Beat USC and you have real victory over a national power. Not a moral victory or "woulda, shoulda, coulda." But a big fat W. It would also show the world that we're not who we've appeared to be the last two weeks.

This is a HUGE game, folks. The program hangs in the balance.

I believe USC is a very beatable team because of unproven QB and suspect coaching. So, I have some hope. Then I read UT has one QB sack after two games and that's against Maryland and Tulsa. I gotta think that USC will have better players than those two. Orlando better planning to blitz.

I need to see Sam beat a quality team in the fourth quarter. My hopes really dropped with the news the Keaontay won't play.

USC 28 UT 17

On 9/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Biggest game UT has played in a LONG time. Why? Because this is the roof top. We will either slide to the left or right. We will either solidify this class with a win, or we will lose and possibly cost us the class we thought we'd have.

Meanwhile, aggy sits over there in dead dog town celebrating yet another moral victory. I mean, if you're going to lose, thats they way to do it. Great game. But then again, aggy has ALWAYS claimed the moral victories.

Beat USC and you have real victory over a national power. Not a moral victory or "woulda, shoulda, coulda." But a big fat W. It would also show the world that we're not who we've appeared to be the last two weeks.

Hate to burst your bubble, but the game does not have that type of ramification in my eyes. USC is not a national power anymore, and neither is Texas if we’re being honest. I don’t think a loss would deteriorate the program. 

1 hour ago, Harrison Wier said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the game does not have that type of ramification in my eyes. USC is not a national power anymore, and neither is Texas if we’re being honest. I don’t think a loss would deteriorate the program. 

I agree. Neither team is good and this game just determines who is worse. It’s still early but I have zero confidence in Herman turning this thing around. 

1 hour ago, Harrison Wier said:

Bubble not bursted because, of course, I don't agree.

Lose to USC and you'll likely lose the team, the season. Look at the way everyone treated a win like a funeral this past week.

Beat them and suddenly there's some hope, some confidence, right when we need it going into the four-game gauntlet. Lose and you'll likely see 1-6.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:01 AM, Sirhornsalot said:

If we beat USC then their not a national power this year. They haven't been a national power since Pete Carroll got out while the getting was good. Some of the world may fall for it just like they did when we beat Notre Dame but it won't last long if we lose to TCU and OU. If we win I doubt we will get many Texas is back articles.

It is important for the program and UT fans and program for the reasons you listed. I saw ABC advertise the game the other day and then didn't show current UT and USC players. They showed the players from the 2006 NC game.

It's important for the fans because if we don't win soon then we will be like Cleveland Browns fans. This is after a tie.

5 hours ago, Harrison Wier said:

4 hours ago, RickyFlair said:

I agree. Neither team is good and this game just determines who is worse. It’s still early but I have zero confidence in Herman turning this thing around. 

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Bubble not bursted because, of course, I don't agree.

Lose to USC and you'll likely lose the team, the season. Look at the way everyone treated a win like a funeral this past week.

Beat them and suddenly there's some hope, some confidence, right when we need it going into the four-game gauntlet. Lose and you'll likely see 1-6.

I disagree with all of ya'll to one degree or another.

In today's what have you done for me lately, social media, knee jerk society, a win could vault Texas back into the national picture. Yes, there is still some cachet with the UT and USC brands.

A loss won't lose the team or the season, BUT it will continue the skid in recruiting against aggy and start the OOS recruits (especially the west coast guys) rethinking the trajectory of UT football.

1 minute ago, MikeV73 said:

SHA was your Maryland game prediction a reverse-reverse  psychology attempt gone horribly wrong?  

No, it was a brilliant stab at something no one expected. lol . . and fell flat on its face. lol

I did not begin employing mojo, voodoo, pins in dolls, and covering all superstitions until we lost to Maryland.

I remember being confident. It was fun.