News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Aaron Carrara

*****GAME THREAD: TEXAS VS. MARYLAND*****

Man guys the sky is not falling. I know that it sucks losing but we are better than last year's team. I know everyone wants to bitch about the playcalling but honestly we are day and night better. Go back and watch the game from last year.

We do need shane running the offense.

11 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Ingram guy sure looked good, glad we saw a lot of him when it mattered (insert sarcasm)

I don’t understand why we didn’t see him after he scored that TD.... he looked phenomenal and I was real impressed with his vision 

Offense play calling and personal decisions continue to amaze me.

Ingram and young looked night and day better then Watson and Porter yet in the 4th we saw only Watson and Porter.

The terps literally rushed 3 and had a spy for 6 straight plays. If your OC can't figure out plays to get some yards against the same defense then he needs to be relieved of his duties.

Ehlinger continues to make the easy throws look difficult , but in saying that he rarely gets to get into any rhythm.

On the bright side we can still go 11-1

9 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

Man guys the sky is not falling. I know that it sucks losing but we are better than last year's team. I know everyone wants to bitch about the playcalling but honestly we are day and night better. Go back and watch the game from last year.

We do need shane running the offense.

Wait, is that you Tom?:D

4 minutes ago, noonan05 said:

Offense play calling and personal decisions continue to amaze me.

Ingram and young looked night and day better then Watson and Porter yet in the 4th we saw only Watson and Porter.

The terps literally rushed 3 and had a spy for 6 straight plays. If your OC can't figure out plays to get some yards against the same defense then he needs to be relieved of his duties.

Ehlinger continues to make the easy throws look difficult , but in saying that he rarely gets to get into any rhythm.

On the bright side we can still go 11-1

The dude in Australia can figure this out, but not our coaches on the sideline at the game!:D

5 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

There is a reason why Tim Beck wasn’t calling plays at Ohio St and was let go. 

So our major second half adjustment on offense was inserting Porter as a WR and running three yard outs to the sideline?  Nice work Beck, Herman, both, BEVO, or whichever master planner was  whims this move.

The targeting rule is absolute bullshit. hopefully basketball season is better. less bullshit in that sport anyways.

"We're trying to take hard hits out of football"

Then maybe it would be best if we strapped flags around their waste and started up a woman's program while we're at it. Pussy shit this game is becoming.

I know this is s game thread but. If the Horns don’t turn it around and when 8 or more the recruiting is going to take a BIG dump. This year is so crucial for Texas football. With Jimbo and Riley this can and will get uglier then we have seen. But who can blame em? After watching today’s performance would you pick Texas? Sky isn’t fallimg but this was a huge loss. At this point I’m done arguing for Sam, play the best  passer. O-Line is good enough. A lot is at stake. 

14 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

I know this is s game thread but. If the Horns don’t turn it around and when 8 or more the recruiting is going to take a BIG dump. This year is so crucial for Texas football. With Jimbo and Riley this can and will get uglier then we have seen. But who can blame em? After watching today’s performance would you pick Texas? Sky isn’t fallimg but this was a huge loss. At this point I’m done arguing for Sam, play the best  passer. O-Line is good enough. A lot is at stake. 

You hit the nail on the head. Sam had very little pressure all day. Most fans supported Sam over Shane last year because of his ability to extend plays behind a poor Oline. I don't think this is an issue anymore.

I still honestly think Believe Beck is the biggest issue. We simply don't use our players effectively.

We heard all camp about Jamisons moves , I didn't see him on a screen or jet all day.

CJ is a monster 1v1 but Everytime you go 3x1 with him as the single he has bracket coverage and you lose his effectiveness.

I could go on and on but I think we all see it

Another thing, as soon as our rum game started to show life, we just stopped running the ball. What the F@#K? I'm not for firing our coach base Turnover does not fare well with recruits but seriousl why was Kyle Porter lined up as an outside receiver? You had a whole weather delay to prepare and that's what they came up with? No f##king reason we should lose to Maryland 2 years in a row. Hard days for Longhorns fans... Time to stop drinking beer and get some liquor.

Tom Herman needs to be bitch slapped with his MENSA club card.

I am not a happy camper. He wanted the onus to fall on him? Well here it is big boy. Someone sucks as an offensive coach and its obviously you and your veto power.

One one positive I can think of out of all of this is that CDC is known to be a detail oriented guy so if this trend with this football team continues this season I have no doubt in my mind he’ll insist on changes being made. He made GP at TCU hire innovative OCs to improve their O to go along with their stout defense when he first got there so I can see something similar happening here. Let’s hope for the best, cause we all know we deserve it after years of mediocrity