News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
OrangeLarry

"HORN IN" On Franchise / Business Ownership - September '18 Edition

franchise_quest_new.jpg

“HORN IN" On Franchise / Business Ownership

a monthly post with blurbs, links, and other words-of-wisdom

regarding self-employment; career transition;

and franchise / business ownership;

as well as information for business owners

who may be interested in franchising their business.

September  2018

Franchise Opportunity Knocks

Self-employment Beckons

Start answering the call right here.

News you can use to help you find

The right franchise / business opportunity for you.

Go confidently in the direction of your dream.

Live the life you have imagined.

-Henry David Thoreau

Meet the Millennipreneurs

>>Entrepreneurs born between 1982 and 2000<<

Six in ten young adults have considered starting a business. Franchising is an ideal route to small-business ownership, because the attendant systems and brand recognition are already in place. 

Four in 10 millennials say they want to be their own boss.

They admire entrepreneurship:

• 78% consider entrepreneurs successful
  • 62% thought about starting a business
  • 55% believe that their generation is more entrepreneurial than past ones even though the data says otherwise

Reasons they start businesses:

• 40% want to be their own boss
  • 21% want passion in the job
  • 21% desire flexibility in time/location
  • 6% looking for challenge and growth
  • 5% laid off from prior job

59 percent of Millennial entrepreneurs and 51 percent of older entrepreneurs say they started their businesses because they felt passionate about them.

Older entrepreneurs are more likely than Millennials (55 percent vs. 43 percent) to say they started their companies out of a need for challenge and growth. This makes sense, because older entrepreneurs are more likely to feel a bit stagnant in their jobs simply because of their age and experience.

While Millennials may have a reputation as flighty, the survey shows that when it comes to business ownership, this generation is focused on the long term.

In fact, 80 percent of Millennial entrepreneurs say they hope to pass their businesses onto their children someday — even though most of them don't yet have children! By comparison, two-thirds of older entrepreneurs hope to pass their businesses down to their kids.

Millennials also have big plans for their small businesses. Nearly eight out of 10 older small business owners (79 percent) say they would be happy for their businesses to stay small — all they want to do is create a comfortable living for themselves and their families. Among Millennials, however, just 59 percent are satisfied with the idea of keeping their businesses small; 41 percent hope to grow their businesses as big as possible.

Perhaps it’s because of their big plans and long-term horizons that Millennials are more likely than older entrepreneurs to be willing to take on debt in order to grow their companies. Two-thirds of Millennial entrepreneurs believe that some amount of business debt is needed for business growth and say they are willing to take on financial risks to expand their businesses. Among older entrepreneurs, however, only about half agree with these opinions. Millennial men are even more likely than Millennial women to be willing to take financial risks in order to grow (77 percent vs. 55 percent).

Millennials in the survey are more optimistic than older business owners about the prospects for their businesses in the next 12 months. Three-fourths of them believe their businesses will grow in the next year, compared to half of older entrepreneurs.

For any entrepreneur, owning your own successful business is the ultimate dream. However, starting a business from the ground up can be a daunting task. Young entrepreneurs in particular may face barriers including limited finances and business management experience, as well as the absence of support needed to succeed as an independent business owner. Enter franchising.

Franchising offers a unique opportunity for Millennials who may not have prior business experience to succeed thanks to a business structure that is already in place. 

********************************************************************************************* 

ENTREPRENEURSHIP

Is Living A Few Years Of Your

Life Like Most People Won’t,

So That You Can Spend The

Rest Of Your Life Like

Most People Can’t.      

-Unknown

********************************************************************************************* 

Pet Care Named One of the Best Industries to Start a Business

Why it's hot: Forty percent of customers in the pet care industry are ages 30-49. Millennials are aging into this group and getting more pets than previous generations. According to research firm Mintel, three-fourths of American 30-somethings have dogs, compared with half of the overall population. Meanwhile, more than half of Americans in their 30s have cats, compared with 35 percent of the overall population. Millennials with pets also expect to use technology to buy services, providing opportunity for new ventures in e-commerce, subscription packages, and connected devices like pet wearables.

Growth: Pet grooming and boarding revenue was nearly $8 billion in the U.S. in 2016, and IBISWorld projects 7 percent annual growth through 2021. According to CB Insights, between 2012 and 2016, $486 million was invested in the global pet tech sector across 172 venture capital deals. The worldwide pet wearables market alone will be a $2.6 billion market by 2019, market research firm IDTechEx predicts.

SPENDING ON QUALITY, NUTRITIONAL PET FOOD IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH…

There are several interesting dog / cat / pet services concepts available covering all areas of high-quality products and services for pet nutrition and care.

> Supermarket for dogs and cats.

> Natural Food and bakery

Fresh food with convenient home delivery

> Grooming and spas

> Daycare and boarding

> Training

With millennials owning more pets than any other generation, low entry barriers, and not a lot of small business competition pet care is a growing industry.

If you would like additional information, or to discuss in further detail, please call or send me an email with phone number and a good day(s) / time(s) for me to call you.

********************************************************************************* 

Quick-serve Snack Food Concept

A quick-serve snack food restaurant serving specialty, gourmet French fries with over 20 different seasonings, sauces and toppings; and fountain drinks, bottled water and home-made milkshakes for beverages.

Our Menu offers three options to achieve simplicity and creativity: a Specialty Menu of ‘go-to’ topped fry baskets that promote popular national and local dishes; a Finger Food Favorites Menu comprised of classic fried appetizer-style dishes-Original Pizza Logs; Buffalo Crunch Rolls; Crispy Chicken Fingers; and our Dutch Style Menu, which allows customers to choose a fry and one of 15+ dipping sauces.

In addition to these items, customers are able to customize their baskets across six styles of fries and over 20 sauces, seasonings and toppings.

There is a familiar saying you hear often when referring to the Lone Star State-   "Everything is Big in Texas". Well, that saying sure rings true for one of the most unique and novel franchise brands to come onto the QSR scene in years.

Our presence is fixin' to get big and introduced to fellow Texans statewide in the coming months in our largest Texas markets: Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. This phenomenal growth spurt comes just over a year after opening our first Texas franchise unit in the Alamo City, Labor Day weekend of 2016. Now is the time for prospective business owners and opportunistic entrepreneurs to consider our exciting franchise model and discover for themselves an opportunity where timing really is and can be everything.

Four (4) flexible Franchise Business Models are offered:

·   Food Truck/Trailer/Cart,

·   Inline (food court, no dining room)

·   Kiosk (free standing 12 x 20 unit) and

·   Brick and Mortar (free standing,drive thru, dining room).

Our flexible concepts fit any real estate format including freestanding restaurants, end caps, in-line sites, gas and convenience, airports, malls, outlet stores, entertainment and tourist districts, cinema, travel plazas, universities, as well as other retail environments. There simply is no other competitive QSR franchise brand offered to prospective franchisees with such flexibility of choice in business model, endless store location sites to consider, and all achieved at an attractive development cost range of $105,000 - $250,000 dependent on the business model selected.

We are currently looking for hard working, motivated individuals to join our growing list of franchisees. Franchise opportunities are currently available in communities and towns throughout Northern, Southern Eastern, and Western Texas, of all major metropolitan areas.

We are looking for regional development groups that have a proven track record and are community leaders who may already operate other local businesses, such as other multi-brand restaurant development groups, retail outlets, convenience store chain operators, and movie theater operators who have the passion and financial qualifications to develop anywhere from five (5) to fifty (50) restaurants in these regions across the state. We are looking for qualified candidates with career work experience in any field (no restaurant experience required) and that are dedicated to their fields of expertise with proven track records to join our Texas team.

Our Texas franchisees will have endless opportunities to grow quickly into successful multi-unit franchise operators supported by our Texas franchise development team based right in the heart of Texas, San Antonio.  The Texas Master Franchise is owned and operated by native Texas businessmen with a vast array of industry knowledge and seasoned track records as successful business owners. One of the Texas Master Franchisors is a Texas Ex.

Franchisees get unsurpassed local support and services in every stage of franchise development from start to finish.

Texas Master Tenant Broker and Site Selection Services

Local pre-opening, grand opening and ongoing training and operational support

Statewide vendor & supplier network customized for our Texas franchisees

Franchisee business planning, consulting, financial and coaching support and services.

If you would like additional information, or to discuss in further detail, please call or send me an email with phone number and a good day(s) / time(s) for me to call you.

*********************************************************************************  

I highly recommend:

If you are seeking top-quality financial / investment advice,

Teamwork Financial Group and Doug Moe...Texas Ex.

Doug is the CEO of Teamwork Financial Group in San Antonio.  He is an attorney and CPA.  He has provided valuable insight to me and my wife regarding investment / financial advice, including guidance on having a Will vs. Revocable Living Trust, re-balancing our investment portfolio, as well as assisting us move a portion of our IRA investments into Fixed Asset Annuities.  Over the past several months, I have had a number of very enjoyable meetings with Doug, since we have a tendency to spend time talking sports, as well as financial / investment stuff. Doug played basketball at UT in the 80s and is the son of Doug Moe, the former coach of the San Antonio Spurs. And, a great guy.

Do You Need Furniture Repaired...

If so and in the San Antonio area, CALL Pat Bonney...Texas Ex... Owner of a Guardsman Furniture Pro. franchise...The Most Trusted Name in Furniture Repair. Pat was on the UT baseball team in the early 70s.  I have used Pat's service multiple times for a variety of furniture repairs in my business and home.  Great guy and fantastic service.     210-849-9663    Email: gfpsa@sbcglobal.net

Don't Just Change Your Curtains...

Change Your View. I DidMy Story 

2017 newsletters; as well as copies of 2016 and 2015 newsletters can be viewed by going to the Franchise Quest Website.  

Click on the Website link below, or go to:

www.franchise-quest.com 

Resource Center > Newsletter

Small / medium size business owners:

Would you like to grow your business by franchising.

$1,000 Referral Bonus $1,000

Additional Information Is Available at Franchise Quest

If you would like to visit, please don’t be shy about reaching out:

I’m a coach, not a sales person.

Hook 'em.