Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
NWAHorn

Maryland coach suspended

3 hours ago, NWAHorn said:

FROM TWITTER: Breaking: #Terps football coach DJ Durkin placed on administrative leave, offensive coordinator Matt Canada named interim head coach:

Isn't Canada the guy LSU hired away from PITT a few years ago?  If so he ran a great offense at PITT.

27 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Isn't Canada the guy LSU hired away from PITT a few years ago?  If so he ran a great offense at PITT.

Yes correct. He was at Pitt for 1 season. Then LSU. This was his first year at Maryland. They’ll still be ready and come to play sep 1st I can assure you. He is a great coach, my opinion 

On 8/11/2018 at 5:41 PM, Daniel Seahorn said:

He gone. Folks up this way are pretty pissed about it and they aren’t the type to try to sweep it under the rug for the sake of saving their coach. 

I wonder Daniel about 3 questions that is going through my mind

1. How much will this affect the parents of this young man take lawsuit action against the University Football program 

2. Were any coaches aware of the events that led to his death like was this young man going through any signs before he collapsed ?

3.  I must have missed this somewhere but is he on unpaid leave or paid? I hope to hell not paid leave.

2 hours ago, shotime73 said:

1. How much will this affect the parents of this young man take lawsuit action against the University Football program 

2. Were any coaches aware of the events that led to his death like was this young man going through any signs before he collapsed ?

3.  I must have missed this somewhere but is he on unpaid leave or paid? I hope to hell not paid leave.

Read he is on paid leave.

3 hours ago, shotime73 said:

They will almost certainly still sue if what was published in the story turns out to be true. The portion about their being almost an hour gap between when he first started showing signs of heatstroke and when the paramedics were notified is damning for everyone involved. I’m not sure what kind of leave he is on, but I’ll assume it’s paid. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

They will almost certainly still sue if what was published in the story turns out to be true. The portion about their being almost an hour gap between when he first started showing signs of heatstroke and when the paramedics were notified is damning for everyone involved. I’m not sure what kind of leave he is on, but I’ll assume it’s paid. 

This is all kinds of F up.. 

50 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Read he is on paid leave.

Mike I just said when I typed it that I  must have missed it

I cannot imagine a situation unfolding like this one did. It seems that responsible people everywhere are aware of the importance of hydration and the dangers of heatstroke. When in doubt, caution should prevail.