Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
primal defense

Report: Urban Meyer knew about 2015 domestic violence incident involving ex-assistant

Urban needs to join Art Briles and never coach a college game again. I saw where Vegas has Greg Schiano as the favorite.

Ohio State must fire Urban Meyer if he was protecting serial abuser

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/08/01/ohio-state-must-fire-urban-meyer-if-he-protecting-serial-abuser/883518002/

14 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

I'm an ardent believer in innocent until proven guilty.  I despise mob mentality.

That's great that your giving Urban Meyer the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty. You sound like Henry Fonda from 12 Angry Men. Too bad there is evidence that Meyer's wife knew about this and said she would tell Urban about this, but didn't . Maybe Meyer needs to get a divorce over this since his wife didn't warn him.

I guess your right that Urban Meyer deserves the benefit of the doubt on how he runs his program considering his fantastic record at Florida.

During Meyer's six-year tenure at Florida, some 31 players were arrested, with at least 10 accused of crimes ranging from misdemeanor battery to felony domestic assault to felony theft to domestic battery. 

As society has evolved, Urban Meyer hasn't

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24259780/urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-coaching-scandal

14 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Especially when it involves the media. 

Oh poor Urban! The fake media is going after Urban. The media faked Urban's problems at Florida and now there faking this problem at Ohio State.  Never mind that there is evidence.

I can see now where Herman learned where it was okay to hire a guy like Casey Horney. As a Texas fan it would be tough for Meyer to leave and stop taking top recruits from the state of Texas and also we could be missing the moral advice of the great Urban Meyer.

Urban Meyer blasts Tom Herman for blaming Texas players, former regime

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/urban-meyer-tom-herman-texas-maryland-loss-score-ohio-state-florida-will-muschamp/1q8b8fjpxl21s14fpjamgq0o2x

I think Meyer knew full well what was going on. Ohio St knew full well what they were grtting when they hired him, but they didn't care as long as he won. He did. I don't see how he recovers from this and it may well be a race to see if Ohio St decides to do the right thing before Urban realizes that resigning is in his best interest. Now that the can of worms has opened up, there will be a lot of people getting ready to pile on. If I'm him, I resign before the end of the day, say some fluff about bring the best thing for everyone and maybe he coaches again some day, but Im afraid his ego may not allow it.

3 hours ago, primal defense said:

Oh poor Urban! The fake media is going after Urban. The media faked Urban's problems at Florida and now there faking this problem at Ohio State.  Never mind that there is evidence.

I can see now where Herman learned where it was okay to hire a guy like Casey Horney. As a Texas fan it would be tough for Meyer to leave and stop taking top recruits from the state of Texas and also we could be missing the moral advice of the great Urban Meyer.

Urban Meyer blasts Tom Herman for blaming Texas players, former regime

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/urban-meyer-tom-herman-texas-maryland-loss-score-ohio-state-florida-will-muschamp/1q8b8fjpxl21s14fpjamgq0o2x

Hey, just a little bit of explanation. My feelings towards the media stem from personal experience my wife went through several years ago with something that happened at her work. Thanks to that I have a total dislike of the media and do not trust them whatsoever. They never let the truth get in the way of a good story. I simply don't believe even half of what I read from the so-called media. 

That being said, Urban is pretty much a scumbag and it wouldn't bother me at all if he got fired. 

Could Bob Stoops replace Urban Meyer at Ohio State?

Though Texas coach Tom Herman’s name would be widely associated with an opening at Ohio State, there’s skepticism across the industry that he’d be a real candidate for a variety of reasons including timing, having just entered his second year at Texas.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2018/08/02/urban-meyer-replacement-bob-stoops-ohio-state/891369002/

On 8/2/2018 at 10:43 AM, primal defense said:

That's great that your giving Urban Meyer the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty. You sound like Henry Fonda from 12 Angry Men. Too bad there is evidence that Meyer's wife knew about this and said she would tell Urban about this, but didn't . Maybe Meyer needs to get a divorce over this since his wife didn't warn him.

I guess your right that Urban Meyer deserves the benefit of the doubt on how he runs his program considering his fantastic record at Florida.

During Meyer's six-year tenure at Florida, some 31 players were arrested, with at least 10 accused of crimes ranging from misdemeanor battery to felony domestic assault to felony theft to domestic battery. 

As society has evolved, Urban Meyer hasn't

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24259780/urban-meyer-ohio-state-buckeyes-coaching-scandal

To be clear, I'm no fan of Urban Meyer.  But I am a fan of the law and justice.  And I'm damn sure not going to convict Myer on social media.  I wouldn't want it done to me and I wouldn't want it done to you.