Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

DeMarco Boyd Suspended Indefinitely

35 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

Johnson, Wheeler, McCullough, Townsend

Roach (LB or DL?)

Bimage, Adoyoyo (sp)

Who else is there?

Roach will mostly play along the DL, but he could factor in at LB depending on the situation.

Bimage has bulked up and transitioned to DL, and I would be surprised if Townsend plays meaningful snaps.

The LB depth is thin. Johnson, Wheeler, McCulloch and Adeoye figured to get the bulk of the snaps, with Ossai possibly seeing some playing time. Boyd was running 2nd team in the spring game, so if he is suspended for any games it will make Texas even more thin.

1 minute ago, Jameson McCausland said:

Also, Wheeler is suspended for the first half of the Maryland game because of his targeting penalty in the bowl game. Adeoye may be pressed into action early at the inside linebacker spot.

tenor.gif?itemid=5904958

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

I know it was a spring game, against a offense he sees everyday but he stood out to me big time. Contributor or not def make LB thin

Every hype video with blood alley or circle drill I saw that included him showed him in the thick of things and winning. IMO he is a contributor as time goes forward.

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Need is a strong word. He hasn’t contributed anything of note to date and was probably not going to be on the 2-deep.

If we don't want to trot out a true freshman as first man off the bench in the first game seems like we do.

19 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

If we don't want to trot out a true freshman as first man off the bench in the first game seems like we do.

There’s been a lot of cross training at the position and from what I understand expectations aren’t too high for DB. Dele was likely to have to play a role this fall one way or the other due to the thinness on the depth chart. 

5 minutes ago, TexExSpur said:

witnesses say 10?  Victim says 8? 

We still don't know if it was provoked, etc.  A class A misdemeanor assault, wouldn't be the charge for an ass whoopin'.

It’s not a good look any way you try to dress it up. We’ll see if that was the case, but we haven’t heard of anything that is redeeming Boyd of this just yet. 

17 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

It’s not a good look any way you try to dress it up. We’ll see if that was the case, but we haven’t heard of anything that is redeeming Boyd of this just yet. 

UT sports should cut the  ties with Boyd if this is half true. Disgusting.

1 hour ago, dillohorn said:

UT sports should cut the  ties with Boyd if this is half true. Disgusting.

I hear you, Dillo, but we don't know what was in his head at the time.

The kids are taught to love and protect their family of brothers, and DeMarco might have overreacted emotionally out of fear that his brother had been hurt.

Certainly not good, especially with his size and strength, but different than a thug act if that was the case, IMO.

IMO he reacted that way because Kris is his meal ticket, in addition to being his older brother. If anything happens to Kris, the Boyd family likely loses millions. Demarco Boyd has never contributed anything at Texas, nor was he ever going to. He and his brother were a package deal and probably the only reason Kris came to Texas in the first place.