Jump to content

Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign Up for FREE
Sign in to follow this  
texbound

Last Chance U: Season 3

Recommended Posts

Just watched the first couple of episodes and I miss Buddy Stephen's and EMCC.  It's very hard to like Malik Henry.  He comes off worse than Franklin did at EMCC.  Just a spoiled QB who thinks he's better than everyone else.  He probably is better, but there is no humility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Seen this on Netflix and been meaning to give it a look.  Worth the watch?

Its entertaining and gets you ready for football season.  I've only watched the first couple of episodes, but there seems to be something genuine missing about this one.  Maybe it's not having Brittney Wagner.  Seems as though the HC at ICC is putting on a show for the cameras and he throws the MF way too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the first two episodes this past weekend. Didn’t enjoy it like I did the first two seasons. Through two episodes, it was hard to find a player you could like and root for. Maybe I will as it goes forward. 

Not impressed with the HC at all. Disorganized and seems to be playing to the cameras, IMO. Can’t say a sentence without dropping an F bomb (usually multiple). Blames the players for everything that goes wrong, thumps his chest of it goes right. I believe in holding players accountable but you also better look in the mirror too.

I will give it another chance but not that impressed so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Huskie1 said:

I watched the first two episodes this past weekend. Didn’t enjoy it like I did the first two seasons. Through two episodes, it was hard to find a player you could like and root for. Maybe I will as it goes forward. 

Not impressed with the HC at all. Disorganized and seems to be playing to the cameras, IMO. Can’t say a sentence without dropping an F bomb (usually multiple). Blames the players for everything that goes wrong, thumps his chest of it goes right. I believe in holding players accountable but you also better look in the mirror too.

I will give it another chance but not that impressed so far.

Totally agree with everything you said.  There is not one charismatic player on the roster you can get behind.  At EMCC, you had the "other" QB that took the job from the highly touted, I'm better than this QB.  I'm only giving it 1 or 2 more episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, texbound said:

Just watched the first couple of episodes and I miss Buddy Stephen's and EMCC.  It's very hard to like Malik Henry.  He comes off worse than Franklin did at EMCC.  Just a spoiled QB who thinks he's better than everyone else.  He probably is better, but there is no humility. 

Just started it yesterday and while I agree with you on Henry (Heard a lot about him when he was being recruited), I don’t miss Buddy at all. While his program is impressive I can’t stand him as a person. Indy’s coach definitely leaves plenty to be desired though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Just started it yesterday and while I agree with you on Henry (Heard a lot about him when he was being recruited), I don’t miss Buddy at all. While his program is impressive I can’t stand him as a person. Indy’s coach definitely leaves plenty to be desired though. 

I was kidding about Buddy, he is a complete ass.  This new guy is not far off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think a HC could cuss more than EMCC's Buddy Stevens.  Indy's, JB - Jason Brown, proved me wrong. He's unlikeable.

Unimpressed with QB, Malik Henry, too. Every throw is off his back foot like he's afraid to get hit. Don't see him getting another P5 scholly after last season. He done.

I couldn't find a player on the show to root for, either. Maybe the lineman from Nevada? Supposedly signed with D2 Lindenwood, but don't see him on their roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was planning on starting the 3rd Season this weekend. I think it was probably a mistake to leave EMCC but I don't think the showrunners wanted to spend any more time around Buddy. I would have been far more interested if they would have gone to Coahoma in Season 3. The episode in Season 2 that they spent with the team was one of the more interesting episodes and built my interest in seeing that coaches journey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to this thread I started watching Last Chance U.  I'm thru the 1st (3) episodes of season 1. My interest it piqued.  Buddy is a trip but no different than many coaches I've seen.  He does cuss a lot lol.  I'm rooting for Ollie.  And as talented as the FSU qb is, he's annoying imo.  And I'm rooting for the rb DJ Law to get his stuff together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re watching the good version. Keep going cause it’s good.

3 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Due to this thread I started watching Last Chance U.  I'm thru the 1st (3) episodes of season 1. My interest it piqued.  Buddy is a trip but no different than many coaches I've seen.  He does cuss a lot lol.  I'm rooting for Ollie.  And as talented as the FSU qb is, he's annoying imo.  And I'm rooting for the rb DJ Law to get his stuff together

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DBut82 said:

Due to this thread I started watching Last Chance U.  I'm thru the 1st (3) episodes of season 1. My interest it piqued.  Buddy is a trip but no different than many coaches I've seen.  He does cuss a lot lol.  I'm rooting for Ollie.  And as talented as the FSU qb is, he's annoying imo.  And I'm rooting for the rb DJ Law to get his stuff together

I only just watched both seasons earlier this year. I'm not a Buddy fan but my disdain for him took a while. End of the 1st Season/Beginning of the 2nd Season is when I started nailing down how I felt about him. Ollie was fun to root for. JF3 really grew on me towards the end of the season. DJ Law was a hell of a story. 

Dakota Allen is Season 2 was by far the guy I enjoyed rooting for the most. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


Franchise Quest


×