Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Sign in to follow this  
drgilbert

Not good

We will never know if this is a "spoiled" brat or the truth.

I have 2 brothers, my parents love us all but one of my brothers is a complete ass and feels entitled to everything even though he treats everyone like sh*t.

We still love him, but he' brought things upon himself.

hmmm.......

So the boyfriend of one of Strong's daughters who didn't get drafted until the 6th round, is mad because he was told by the staff, and it's likely been repeated since before the draft, that he'd have been drafted much higher if he came back for his Sr. year?  Sheesh

2 hours ago, Scottmg said:

We will never know if this is a "spoiled" brat or the truth.

I have 2 brothers, my parents love us all but one of my brothers is a complete ass and feels entitled to everything even though he treats everyone like sh*t.

We still love him, but he' brought things upon himself.

hmmm.......

There are no and's, if's, or but's about it. Deshon is, without question, a spoiled brat. Mixed in with being a bit of a dumbass as well. 

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

So the boyfriend of one of Strong's daughters who didn't get drafted until the 6th round, is mad because he was told by the staff, and it's likely been repeated since before the draft, that he'd have been drafted much higher if he came back for his Sr. year?  Sheesh

For the record I don’t think he is still dating Strong’s daughter. 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

For the record I don’t think he is still dating Strong’s daughter. 

Regardless of his dating status, that he's mad that current staff members may say he could have improved his draft stock with one more year, is kind of odd since he went in the next to last round.  I've read rumors that Herman may have spoken less than positively about some of our early enrollees for the draft, but Herman's got a reputation to maintain with NFL teams and sugar coating the status of his own players would be pretty harmful as well.

32 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Regardless of his dating status, that he's mad that current staff members may say he could have improved his draft stock with one more year, is kind of odd since he went in the next to last round.  I've read rumors that Herman may have spoken less than positively about some of our early enrollees for the draft, but Herman's got a reputation to maintain with NFL teams and sugar coating the status of his own players would be pretty harmful as well.

We don’t know exactly what was said. I’m sure the coaches advised him to come back, but a player doesn’t go off like that over something that mild IMO.

12 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Gave my take on the situation and pinned it to the board. I’m not really trying to argue or bash either parties, but I think it could have been handled better by everyone before reaching this point. 

We know how Deshon handled it. We don't for sure how the coaching staff handled it. How they handled it is purely speculation at this point. So we don't know if they could have handled it better or not.