Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
  1. tejasrulz

tejasrulz

2. DBut82

DBut82

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• That play was a head scratcher for the exact reasons listed.  I do think the offensive execution is better. I almost died when Sam almost left the pocket then reset and found LJH for the TD. That is definitely progress. 
    • Echeese....you are wrong.I DO agree with your comments.....n fact, I really agree....Great writeup. FWIW...I never said the play calling was perfect. What I was tryin g to say was that I did not think it was as terrible as was being discussed given how we moved the ball and how much we left on the table.
    • Agree with Primal on the MVPs. Stearns is a pure stud, nuff said. The Shark played big tonight. He's filling in nicely for Roach. The D was solid and was hitting! The O-line did a good job. I saw Vahe pancake a guy yards off the line! On what to do better, Tom needs to learn when to punt. Your D is playing lights out, pin em back. The punt returner should stand at the 10 yard line and NEVER go backwards. Fair catching the ball on the 5 yard line? On kick-off returns, it's OK to start at the 25 yard line when you catch the ball in the end zone. Sam needs work still on when to throw the ball away.  
    • Except that pitch to the short side on 4th and short. Makes my blood boil. How unaware of the situation do you have to be to run some new-fangled pitch to the short side on a crucial down? I mean just simple freaking spacial awareness tells you a pitch to the short side with defenders all packed in there, especially against a fast team, is DUMB. Mbhornsfan maybe we can agree to fire Herman if he does that again?
    • I'm just nick picking here, but I thought Collin Johnson was the offensive MVP and Caden Sterns was D MVP. I watching a CBS video and they named Caden as the national defensive player of the week. Herman couldn't answer on how many elite players he had on the team before the season. At this point I can see we have at least three, Collin Johnson , Caden Sterns, and Keaontay Ingram. I believe we can beat Kansas State without Keaontay, but we need him fully healthy for OU.