News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

Edwin Freeman Transferring

15 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

This is not all that surprising, in my opinion. I think Strong really liked Freeman, but the new staff preferred some other guys. The writing was on the wall after he only played in 5 games last year.

You may be right, but I read somewhere that he was projected to be a starter this year.  Really hate to lose him, but wish him well.  

58 minutes ago, HORNfromETX said:

Current scholarships total is at 83. Do we add another grad transfer or give a scholarship to a walkon?

Can't we carry them over to the 2019 class?

10 minutes ago, Baron said:

Can't we carry them over to the 2019 class?

Yes, but I was thinking about a senior walkon could get the scholarship or a senior grad transfer. Both would graduate and wouldn't interfere with the 2019 class numbers.

1 hour ago, UTfish said:

You may be right, but I read somewhere that he was projected to be a starter this year.  Really hate to lose him, but wish him well.  

I don't think he would have started. Freeman has come a long way, but he didn't end up being what some thought he could be. IMO, its in his head or something. Just not there when he needs to be and there's a lack of bringing the wood that comes to mind. He was depth this year.

I wish him well. Hope he turns it around wherever he ends up.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think he would have started. Freeman has come a long way, but he didn't end up being what some thought he could be. IMO, its in his head or something. Just not there when he needs to be and there's a lack of bringing the wood that comes to mind. He was depth this year.

I wish him well. Hope he turns it around wherever he ends up.

I thought he showed a lot of potential at times, but maybe he just wasn't "Big 12 good enough".  Lol.  He could go to aggy and be a star in the sec.

Seriously, though, he's a good young man and I appreciate what he gave to us and I really do wish him well.

Thanks, Edwin.