News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Sign in to follow this  
Bogey

Forum Mobile Interface Issue

I frequent the Hornsports forums using my iPhone exclusively. Lately the page keeps jumping to ads at the bottom and other positions on the screen, making it difficult to access the threads. Having to press and hold the little orange dot to go to the first unread post in a thread was always a minor challenge, but with the page jumping around, it's like trying to thread a needle while jumping on a trampoline.

Please help. I need my HS fix, but it's getting to be quite an undertaking to do so.

2 hours ago, Bogey said:

I frequent the Hornsports forums using my iPhone exclusively. Lately the page keeps jumping to ads at the bottom and other positions on the screen, making it difficult to access the threads. Having to press and hold the little orange dot to go to the first unread post in a thread was always a minor challenge, but with the page jumping around, it's like trying to thread a needle while jumping on a trampoline.

Please help. I need my HS fix, but it's getting to be quite an undertaking to do so.

For me it helps to just wait till the page is fully loaded. If I don't do anything until then, I'll get to the right post, otherwise have the same problem you're having 

It does this to me also but like another poster said i wait it out then I can finally go to the post I want. Does this also when I click on a post. Sends me top to bottom of page several times then finally settles down 

21 hours ago, Bogey said:

I don't even know what that is.

Well, I don't know if it was a coincidence or if something was tweaked, but Wednesday evening the issue seemed to have improved. But now it's right back as it was before. 

After a long period with relatively good stability, the issue of the page jumping to the ads at the bottom of the mobile interface has return with a vengeance. I can't even scroll down the page to view the recent threads without the page jumping down to the ads, let alone selecting them to view.

This is very frustrating. Please fix this.

3 minutes ago, UTfish said:

This may sound too simple, but have you tried turning your phone off, then back on?  Mine does crazy things sometime and often, that helps.

Oh yes. My first go to whenever anything electronic acts up is "Did you reboot?".

The thing is, it only does this on the summary page showing the topics, not the individual topic thread. 

On top of that, it isn't consistent. Sometimes it is delayed enough that I can click thru to a thread. Other times, it is far too quick to jump away from the link.

It's baaack.

After a good long period of stable performance, the issue of the page jumping to the ads has returned. This appears to still be relegated only to the forum thread summary listing page.

I don't know what changed overnight, but the page jumps to the ads so quickly, I barely had time to click a link to navigate to my profile.

Bogey,

I’m not sure we can do much about the ads and how they appear. I would suggest waiting until the page fully loads before trying to go somewhere. Then, you’ll be able to dismiss the ad easily and move to where you want to go.