News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Sign in to follow this  
Jameson McCausland

2018 MLB Draft Thread

8 hours ago, Jameson McCausland said:

Another RHP who some thought may go high in the draft.

He's my daughter's cousin.  We're all pretty excited about him playing for the good guys.  He pitches in the state championship this weekend for Cy Ranch (vs Southlake).

12 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Probably need them to leave or have some other attrition. The roster is way over for next season.

Great “problem” to have, if you even want to call it a problem. Pierce and his staff will make the necessary adjustments when the time comes. 

Just now, TB14 said:

Braves got a steal. Baseball America had Kingham as the 100 overall prospect. Can’t believe he fell so far. 

I will be interested to see if he is developed as a starter or a reliever at the next level. His fastball was up to 97-98 in a few relief appearances this season. Combine that with his slider and he could be a very good reliever down the road.

2 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

I will be interested to see if he is developed as a starter or a reliever at the next level. His fastball was up to 97-98 in a few relief appearances this season. Combine that with his slider and he could be a very good reliever down the road.

I see reliever. 

Sawyer gets a shot in Chicago, and good for him.  He's battled a ton of stuff at UT.  Hope he works out for them.

Figure McGuire gets a look here late.  Possibly Henley? 

10 minutes ago, joeywa said:

I see reliever. 

Sawyer gets a shot in Chicago, and good for him.  He's battled a ton of stuff at UT.  Hope he works out for them.

Figure McGuire gets a look here late.  Possibly Henley? 

Agree on all points! Kingham will probably start as a starter early in the minors but long term I think he’s a good big league reliever. 

And Sawyer is a good story. Hopefully he can become a good Loogy. 

The longer Henley goes without being picked the more likely he is pitching Friday nights next year. 

1 minute ago, DBut82 said:

My daughter JUST talked to him.  He says "unless they talking 1.5 mil, I'm going to Texas."  LOL!

Call me crazy, but I don't think that's 34th round money.  :lol::lol:

Just now, joeywa said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think that's 34th round money.  :lol::lol:

LOL!  At all!  He's a good kid from a good family.  There will be no pressure for him to go pro any time soon.  I'm excited to see if he can get into the rotation next year.

5 minutes ago, joeywa said:

He would've gone top 3-4 rounds if teams felt he would sign.  Think this was just a flyer, just in case, kind of thing. 

O wow.  I had no clue.  How does this work.  Do the Royals keep his draft rights until he decides to go pro?  Or does the baseball draft "reset" every year; meaning any team can draft him next year?

1 minute ago, DBut82 said:

O wow.  I had no clue.  How does this work.  Do the Royals keep his draft rights until he decides to go pro?  Or does the baseball draft "reset" every year; meaning any team can draft him next year?

Resets.  Should he come to Texas, he will be eligible again after his Junior year.  At that point, he goes back into the draft pool, with no rights to any team. 

1 minute ago, joeywa said:

Resets.  Should he come to Texas, he will be eligible again after his Junior year.  At that point, he goes back into the draft pool, with no rights to any team. 

Gotcha, thanks!

Draft is done

Clemens, Kingham, Shugart, Sawyer and McGuire were the current UT players selected.

Woods-Richardson, Holland and Madden were the commits selected.

The only commit I think we lose is Woods-Richardson, although Holland is a wild card.

1 hour ago, joeywa said:

Draft is done

Clemens, Kingham, Shugart, Sawyer and McGuire were the current UT players selected.

Woods-Richardson, Holland and Madden were the commits selected.

The only commit I think we lose is Woods-Richardson, although Holland is a wild card.

Who out of the current players will we lose?