Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
MikeV73

Kyler Murray

Last post lol I’m not sure when he has to make the decision. Some are saying that the A’s are willing to structure his contract with the option to still sign and play a year of football at OU  then farm club in 2019. Seems ignorant. Dual threat QB hope he doesn’t get banged up

2 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Take the money and run.  Seems like a dumb move for a MLB team to invest that kind of money in a guy and let him play football first?  Seems like they would  sweeten the pot to have him give up football.

I completely agree. Just everything I’m reading points that way. If he goes pro the Sooners year goes WAY down. I mean he isn’t proven on the football field either but better than the back ups. And fast lol

4 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

I completely agree. Just everything I’m reading points that way. If he goes pro the Sooners year goes WAY down. I mean he isn’t proven on the football field either but better than the back ups. And fast lol

Yes, bring the sooners down please.

I'm one of those who thinks he's got the potential to be a great baseball player and the potential to give UT an easy two-year run in the Cotton Bowl. I just don't think football is his sport.

Decent arm, nothing to write home about. Too short to really effectively see the field in the college game. His real go-to is his ad-lib moments when a play breaks up.

So give me Murry in the Cotton Bowl and save that MLB stuff for later. lol

20 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

An anyone even name another QB on their roster?  

Only because I live here but Austin’s Kendall would be there guy. Actually played well in spring game but still not murry lol

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Only because I live here but Austin’s Kendall would be there guy. Actually played well in spring game but still not murry lol

I don't know much about Kendall. I know going into this year's meeting in Dallas, I figured Murray to be a position to exploit for our D. So if Kendall is beneath Murray on the talent pole, I like our chances even more.

That said, Riley does develop QBs pretty well.

26 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know much about Kendall. I know going into this year's meeting in Dallas, I figured Murray to be a position to exploit for our D. So if Kendall is beneath Murray on the talent pole, I like our chances even more.

That said, Riley does develop QBs pretty well.

I Agree, I didn’t see all the hype round murry anyway. Not against a defense like UT. Texas’s should have the upper hand no matter who they start at QB

Hell......let it play out! I think it will be interesting to see a college QB play that makes more than his coach.....Kind of like that construction foreman that won 57Million in the Lotto , but wanted to keep working. His boss told me..." he is a good worker, but now he might be a little hard to supervise...."