Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Sign in to follow this  
DBut82

Herman Era Year 2

Thanks for the link!

Not only have the Longhorns not boasted an All-Big 12 quarterback since McCoy, they haven't even had a quarterback start the Red River Showdown in consecutive seasons.

Wow, a weird stat that is very telling.

I have actually played golf with DKR (he was a 5 handicap at that time and beat my brains out).  Coach Campbell played with us as well.  After the round while having a few drinks,  Royal walked to another table to talk to a couple of BMD's. Campbell then told me that Royal was the most organized and detail-oriented coach he has ever known.

This is Tom Herman, as well.  Let's hope it translates into UT building him a statue like DKR's.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:10 PM, doc longhorn said:

I have actually played golf with DKR (he was a 5 handicap at that time and beat my brains out).  Coach Campbell played with us as well.  After the round while having a few drinks,  Royal walked to another table to talk to a couple of BMD's. Campbell then told me that Royal was the most organized and detail-oriented coach he has ever known.

This is Tom Herman, as well.  Let's hope it translates into UT building him a statue like DKR's.

Best I got was buying him enchiladas and budwiesers at Matt's.   coach dabbs set it up.

See my sig pic

Bonus points if you can name the All American in the shot with us.    Hint, it ain't me.

19 hours ago, echeese said:

Best I got was buying him enchiladas and budwiesers at Matt's.   coach dabbs set it up.

See my sig pic

Bonus points if you can name the All American in the shot with us.    Hint, it ain't me.

Marty Akins?

On 5/18/2018 at 10:44 AM, doc longhorn said:

Thought I recognized that rascal.  You knew his daughter, Angela, married Sergio Garcia and they just had a beautiful baby girl?

I heard that.

Also heard he built a runway on his ranch so Sergio could fly in.

Marty was one hell of a lawyer after football, landed at the time one of the biggest settlements in legal history.

He got screwed by the "powers that be" trying to run for Gov, left him a bit bitter.

I don't know him well but really enjoyed visiting with him then I went to see him and his wife when he was recovering from liver surgery in Dallas.

On 5/19/2018 at 12:48 PM, echeese said:

I heard that.

Also heard he built a runway on his ranch so Sergio could fly in.

Marty was one hell of a lawyer after football, landed at the time one of the biggest settlements in legal history.

He got screwed by the "powers that be" trying to run for Gov, left him a bit bitter.

I don't know him well but really enjoyed visiting with him then I went to see him and his wife when he was recovering from liver surgery in Dallas.

image.jpeg.756331bdd8f7f23a9b82da24360c23f7.jpeg

He was a tough SOB as well.