Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

7 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Per brainiacs, LSU commit Josh White (LB) will be visiting (OV) UT before the dead period.

You still think Broughton will be in this class?  We've been the one consistent in this recruitment.  Would hate for some late foul play to cost us from the team that don't win anything.

Advertise on HornSports
30 minutes ago, Slimer said:

You still think Broughton will be in this class?  We've been the one consistent in this recruitment.  Would hate for some late foul play to cost us from the team that don't win anything.

Its possible, was once probable but not anymore.

Orlando is a great DC. But he is a lousy recruiter and is getting owned by LSU and aggy's DCs who are using his scheme against him.

Too many DE's today just want to pin their ears back and rush the passer. We ask a little more of ours.

It will be interesting when Orlando leaves and Naivar takes over – as to whether we see an improvement in DE and DT recruiting and defensive recruiting overall.

I think Broughton really likes Texas. Now he's seeing some other places and he's liking them as well. I get the impression he falls in love each time he takes a visit somewhere. UT should just try to get him on campus as much as possible and try to get the last visit before he decides.

Brainiacs with an update on Kelee Ringo. Super K has a source close to this one and says Texas is in the top two. Does not specify if we're 1 or 2. Just top two.

Ringo will be in for the UT pool party.

Not expecting a decision until later in the process.

If there's a poster of the day, I've probably won it. lol I'm hearing an echo in here. lol

Okay, let's play. Shall we?

Nahlin says he still feels strongly that UT picks up 2-3 commits, possibly more, in JUNE. There's like 17 days left in June.

For shits and grins, lets agree with the number 3. Who are your three commits in June?

My guesses . . . 

1. Crawford

2. Robinson

3. Dorbah

47 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Brainiacs with an update on Kelee Ringo. Super K has a source close to this one and says Texas is in the top two. Does not specify if we're 1 or 2. Just top two.

I’m sure it’s us and Georgia, with Georgia being #1

On 6/11/2019 at 8:50 PM, Slimer said:

If it is foul play, we need to play this game if winning is important. That’s how the game has been played but more so now. #ncaa doesn’t give a shit. 

On 6/11/2019 at 8:41 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Per brainiacs, LSU commit Josh White (LB) will be visiting (OV) UT before the dead period.

We need to go all in, he is the best LB in state and has liked us a lot. Don’t know how we have f’ed up a couple of these recruitments. Other is Temple WR QJ. 

So much talent there, need to capitalize on in 

. Especially after a 10 win, Sugar Bowl win over big bad Sec. 

On 6/9/2019 at 11:02 AM, TB14 said:

One more name while I’m asking for updates on players I haven’t heard from in awhile. 

Brennan Scott. I really liked his film when I saw it. Need position. 

The issue with Scott is fit within the scheme at Texas. He does a little bit of everything on tape, which is good, but as an off the ball LB he’s not a slam dunk take just yet. 

19 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

UGA and Texas. Probably in that order. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Jives with the recent buzz. Going to be interesting if McClellan ends up visiting this weekend with Robinson scheduled to be in next week. RB Recruiting is fascinating this cycle. 

Fascinating and also a headache lol

Mike Roach's list of visitors for the next two weekends:

June 14th

S Lathan Ransom, Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic - Official 
LB Prince Dorbah, Highland Park - Official 
QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis - official 
LB Derrick Harris Jr., New Caney - unofficial 
RB Jase McClellan, Aledo (maybe)

June 21st

RB Bijan Robinson, Tucson (Az.) Salpointe Catholic - Official 
WR Johnny Wilson, Calabasas (CA) - Official 
DE Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins - Unofficial 
LB Kalel Mullings, Boston (MA.) Milton Academy 
LB Clayton Smith - Texas High - unofficial 
CB Kitan Crawford, John Tyler - Official 
CB Jahari Rogers, Arlington - Official 
CB Kelee Ringo, Scottsdale (Az.) Saguaro - Unofficial (Maybe) 
S Bryson Washington, C.E. King - Official 
ATH Jaden Hullaby, Bishop Dunne - Unofficial 
ATH Landon Hullaby, Bishop Dunne - Unofficial

Weird that Ransom and Robinson are both visiting tOSU and UT in the next two weekends, but not the same weekends.  Sure wish Ransom would switch his to match.

If it's 3 commits I'd guess Robinson, Dorbah, and Thompson.  And I'll be very happy to be right.

This has the makings of Bru McCoy part 2. It wouldn't surprise if UT gets back in on Evans. Although, it wouldn't surprise me on anything he does after having UT as his favorite then dropping us like a hot potato. 

Take Two: Is Alabama leading for five-star RB Zachary Evans?

Adam Gorney and Mike Farrell
Rivals.com

Qkmflyfwuwrdwc6ctsim

Take Two returns with a daily offering tackling an issue in the college football landscape. Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst Adam Gorney lays out the situation and then receives takes from Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell and an expert from the Rivals.com network of team sites or a regional analyst.

THE STORYLINE

There has been a lot of intriguing news recently when it comes to five-star running back 

The Houston (Texas) North Shore star released a top five - Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma and Georgia - that shockingly left off Texas and Texas A&M, two in-state programs that have been recruiting Evans from the beginning.

Then three-star offensive tackle and high school teammate 

committed to Alabama and Evans called the Houston North Shore duo a package deal. As has been seen over the years, sometimes those work out and sometimes they do not.

A day later, four-star running back 

from Mesquite (Texas) Mesquite Poteet made his pledge to Oklahoma, giving the Sooners commitments from McGowan and four-star   out of Aledo, Texas. It seems hard to believe Evans would join an already-loaded Oklahoma class at running back.

Ohio State, LSU and Georgia are still very much in the running in Evans’ recruitment but should Alabama like its position even more - especially with the Crimson Tide’s outstanding history of recruiting running backs - or is the five-star’s recruitment far too topsy-turvy to make any bold statements just yet?

FIRST TAKE: ANDREW BONE, BAMAINSIDER.COM

“Alabama has a good chance with him. Last week was his first trip back since last summer. Getting him back on campus was huge for them, building that relationship with the new running backs coach, Charles Huff, kind of getting used to coach Steve Sarkisian. He’s not going to make a decision any time soon. With George committing that helps, but at the same time, I know he said they’re a package deal, but in the end he’ll end up making his own decision. Alabama is right there, but there’s still a long way to go.”

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, RIVALS.COM

“It’s still wide open. I’ve heard a lot about package deals over the years and some come true and some don’t, so you can’t rely on that as the true reason why he’s going to pick a school. Evans is going to look at a lot of different factors like comfort and coaches and the way they run the ball and academics.

“Oklahoma has two of the best running backs in the country and they have little trouble recruiting offensive skill players, so they’re probably done at running back. Evans will move on and Alabama has a good shot, but when you look at it I still think Texas or Texas A&M, one of those two, is going to get back in this before it’s all said and done.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-is-alabama-leading-for-five-star-rb-zachary-evans-

26 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We're not communicating with Evans.

That said, the possibility exists for Texas to pull as many as three 5-star RBs within the next 1.5-2 months, possibly sooner.

I can't remember ever saying that before.

3 RBs, includes 2020 and 2021 classes , right?

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

We're not communicating with Evans.

That said, the possibility exists for Texas to pull as many as three 5-star RBs within the next 1.5-2 months, possibly sooner.

I can't remember ever saying that before.

I'm not impressed. I was impressed last February when we seriously considered by the top two running backs in the country. However, when one went to Alabama and the other went to Penn State then I wasn't so impressed.

I have no expectations that we will sign more than one and I will be satisfied with one.

The running back year I remember was the year we were seriously considered by So So Jamabo,  Nick Brossette, and Chris Warren. That went on all the way to signing day and when Chris Warren was asked why he chose UT over Washington he said he flipped a coin.

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

I'm not impressed. I was impressed last February when we seriously considered by the top two running backs in the country. However, when one went to Alabama and the other went to Penn State then I wasn't so impressed.

I have no expectations that we will sign more than one and I will be satisfied with one.

The running back year I remember was the year we were seriously considered by So So Jamabo,  Nick Brossette, and Chris Warren. That went on all the way to signing day and when Chris Warren was asked why he chose UT over Washington he said he flipped a coin.

I never felt we were serious players for Jamabo. When he tweeted something about "Asian girls" and UCLA, it was over. lol

Brossette was never going anywhere but LSU.

I will always think about the Chris Warren we saw at times his freshman year and wonder whatever happened to that guy.