Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Advertise on HornSports
26 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Evans and Demas aren't coming to this #### show.

Maybe im wrong but i believe if Ingram got the bulk of the carries he gets close to 100 yards. RB recruits need to see that. Its not Dooms day for me anymore. Texas can produce, just have to get the right players in the game and keep them there. 

7 hours ago, Slimer said:

Evans and Demas aren't coming to this #### show.

Depends how you sell it.  Tell them they are the missing link and how they will be showcased to get this program back to glory.  Stroke their egos a lot.

21 minutes ago, BigL said:

Depends how you sell it.  Tell them they are the missing link and how they will be showcased to get this program back to glory.  Stroke their egos a lot.

Been selling that for 10 years. It’s running out of life. Just read Wilson’s comments from

few months back and it’ll show ya

4 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Wiltfong just CB’d 

Sylvester,  Chris Thompson, Omeire, and McGlothern. To Aggie...

Chris Thompson would be tough one out of that group for me. 

Herman playing the long game and expecting a strong season this year........is dangerous.  If we go 6-6 again, I'll legitimately have concerns about Tom being the right fit.  Hope like hell he proves me wrong..........would actually love for him to prove me wrong.

Just now, dillohorn said:

UT is losing the recruiting war..........to everyone. Doesn't bode well for the future......................and yes indeed....the sky is falling.

Agreed. If horns don’t pull this season out it’s going to get uglier then it’s ever been at UT.

Everyone needs to relax, Patterson takes 3 stars and wins 10 games every year. The biggest thing that Texas needs right now is fans to take a step back and allow the coaching staff to build the program. Some coaches come in and win but that is very rare. Most of them are like Dabo who need time to build it. Probably the unpopular opinion, but if we continue to lose faith in our coaches after two or three seasons, Texas will never be back. Consistency is the biggest thing right now and unfortunately, Texas has not had that since Mack's days. These coaches are towards the top and then they get here and all of a sudden are bad? Fans here make it hard for anyone expecting fast food type winning. Can't expect them to win until they show us and can prove it. Until then allow Herman to build the program. 

3 hours ago, DMAC said:

Texas takes 4 and 5 stars and losses 6 games a year.

We have been rebuilding for 10 years.

You missed my point. A coach that has his program in place can have less ranked talent and win more than a coach that has more talent. That being said, inconsistency is our worst enemy right now. Every time you change coaches you start over. This is year two of the rebuild and you have to let them build it.

2 hours ago, El Luchador said:

You missed my point. A coach that has his program in place can have less ranked talent and win more than a coach that has more talent. That being said, inconsistency is our worst enemy right now. Every time you change coaches you start over. This is year two of the rebuild and you have to let them build it.

I think most fans are reeling from a loss when most expected a win, even more so than last year. When you have to deal with opening game  disappointment 3 years out of 4, pessimism builds and knee jerk reactions occur.

21 hours ago, El Luchador said:

I understand what you are saying but in all fairness rebuilding has zero to do with Porter split out wide on the final drive or Keontay going MIA for the entire 4th quarter.

Maybe Herman should rebuild his decision making/staff/whatever.  Because he has some good players but Herman is a bonehead

1 minute ago, okiehorn said:

I hate aggy... but I can’t blame these kids. No way in hell im going to Texas if I was Elite.  Not even gonna say “maybe if Texas wakes up for usc” because it just won’t happen 

I agree. EJ just said they might not be done. 

Is it the coaches cannot  coach or the players are over rated? or both? Something is wrong for sure. It was refreshing to watch other football teams

that had a plan on offence and called plays that made sense. Houston looked very good at this. Houston has probabily one player who is rated higher

than Texas,s So is it the coaches?