Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, utb040713 said:

That's my guess too.

I haven't been following recruiting that much for the 2020 class. What position would Ja'Quinden play at UT? I guess 247 says his highest potential is at S or LB but notes that he has a lack of experience at both positions.

He’s going to start out at QB. 

Advertise on HornSports
6 hours ago, utb040713 said:

That's my guess too.

I haven't been following recruiting that much for the 2020 class. What position would Ja'Quinden play at UT? I guess 247 says his highest potential is at S or LB but notes that he has a lack of experience at both positions.

Good guess.

Texas has recruited Jackson as a QB but honestly, he could play many different positions. IMO, you keep him at QB. That kind of talent with the ball in his hands on every snap? Get outta here! lol

If not for his unpolished passing technique, I think he'd be a 5-star.

21 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

DO.  WANT.  Make it happen Tom.  Do whatever it takes to get this kid.  Oregon is the leader atm, but they can't offer what we can as far as being a big piece in the offense.

Wiltfong still thinks aggy for Omeire.  Hasn't taken Texas OV yet and seems to flip flop a lot on who his leader is, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this one.  You really have to question a WR that picks aggy over Texas.

48 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

He will probably enter the portal and transfer to usc so no worries:D

I'm not going to be real tore up about it if he does. I'm still in sticker shock over that 40 time.

There are lots of options for us at the position.

Wilson is still in Austin, won't leave until Monday morning.

Broughton visited swine U this weekend. Some over there think they lead for him now and there are rumors that he silently committed to them.

Kate will be welcoming a new Longhorn tomorrow. Be on your best behavior boys :)

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Broughton visited swine U this weekend. Some over there think they lead for him now and there are rumors that he silently committed to them.

Kate will be welcoming a new Longhorn tomorrow. Be on your best behavior boys :)

It is my understanding that you post of a picture of Kate when we get a recruit. Maybe, on a Juco recruit.:)

Now since Bru left there should be a picture of Kate's backside. I did not see you post on. Happy to help.

See the source image

The offseason from hell!:(

For top-10 hopefuls Texas and Florida, an offseason to forget

It’d be safe to lump Florida and Texas together among the following criteria: Both enter the preseason as top 10 teams, seen as sleeping giants ready for a national reawakening. Both exited 2018 as 10-win teams with major bowl victories – Texas over Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and Florida over Michigan in the Peach Bowl – to their credit. Both have young coaches (Tom Herman, Dan Mullen) who have seemingly turned their programs around in short order. And both have had offseasons that range from tough to disastrous.

You read that right.

Few teams enter 2019 with hype like the Gators and Longhorns share. But it’s been a rough offseason for both when you consider their 2019 recruiting classes.

Bru McCoy is obviously front and center in the news, as the former USC Trojan signee also became a former Longhorn on Friday when he announced his intention to transfer for the second time this year. McCoy, the No. 9 overall player in the 2019 class, originally spurned USC for Texas. After a few months in Austin, McCoy opted to leave the Longhorns for the Trojans,

It’s hard to measure the impact of a single departure on a program. But there are few athletes of McCoy’s caliber, who in college could become either Mike Evans or Von Miller. In the short-term, he was going to help Texas replace star wideout Lil’Jordan Humphrey. Without McCoy, Texas’ No. 3 overall class doesn’t look quite as strong.

That’s not the only issue for the Longhorns as it pertains to their 2019 signees.

De’Gabriel Floyd ranked as the nation’s No. 69 overall player this past cycle, and he would’ve at worst plugged in as a rotation player at linebacker, which is Texas’ biggest position of need. Instead, Floyd’s football future is in question after he was diagnosed this spring with spinal stenosis. Back injuries are among the scariest in sports. Herman said in April that Floyd will be reevaluated in January.

Then there’s the case of four-star running back Derrian Brown, who suffered a sudden stroke shortly before National Signing Day. Brown’s undergone several surgeries in the time since, including the removal of a blood clot from his brain. Brown is in the process of recovering and walked across the stage for his high school graduation. Yet his immediate football future is in question.

It might sound a bit crass when you consider that the long-term health for Brown and Floyd is in the balance, but linebacker and running back were two of Texas’ biggest areas of need entering the spring. Floyd and Brown were expected to contribute in both cases. The best the Longhorns can now hope is they make strides during the 2019 season.

While Texas’ woes qualify as bad luck than anything, many of Florida’s wounds were of the self-inflicted variety.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-news-Texas-Longhorns-Bru-McCoy-Florida-Gators--132524442/

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If Broughton ends up at Arkansas there has been some severe misjudging of this recruitment.