Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Advertise on HornSports
On 5/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, MBHORNSFAN said:

Perroni thinks aggy leads for Broughton. 

Broughton is on an OV at Arkansas right now and will take an OV to tOSU in a couple of weeks.  It's also been widely speculated that he'll OV to Bama' and LSU as well so aggy looks to not be getting an OV unless something drastic changes.  I always thought the last OV would come down to Arky and aggy.

23 hours ago, Makaboy23 said:

Smalls, Flowe, or Mullings

Here is what SHA has said about said recruit - 5 star, from out of state who has not visited yet but plans to in June and isn't named Johnny Wilson or Lathan Ransom. I agree Flowe and Smalls fit the bill. As does Darnell Washington. I don't know who Mullings is.

33 minutes ago, BWilk55 said:

Here is what SHA has said about said recruit - 5 star, from out of state who has not visited yet but plans to in June and isn't named Johnny Wilson or Lathan Ransom. I agree Flowe and Smalls fit the bill. As does Darnell Washington. I don't know who Mullings is.

Let me change my statement due to my own lack of knowledge previously. Turns out, he did swing in for a visit previously and it was an UOV.

We were tied for the lead for him even before he visited.

He's a 5-star, not from Texas and I'll add he plays a position of need. We'd get over McCoy's indecision pretty fast once he's on board.

59 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Let me change my statement due to my own lack of knowledge previously. Turns out, he did swing in for a visit previously and it was an UOV.

He's a 5-star, not from Texas and I'll add he plays a position of need. We'd get over McCoy's indecision pretty fast once he's on board.

Robinson

13 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

You make room and take 3 safeties. Especially with how Thompson projects into the defense. 

And with how Washington seemed to swing to OU recently.

This caught my eye over on TFB:

Except it sounds like, again, their reaction to the news of Milton not including them in the top four wasn’t ideal. And I still wonder if that information was passed on to Zach Evans.

Anybody know anything about this?  How did we "react"?

1 hour ago, bevotee said:

This caught my eye over on TFB:

Anybody know anything about this?  How did we "react"?

I think they're referring to OU. 

Brainiacs posted an update saying Evans just doesn't want to play in Texas which is why both UT and aggy were not on the list. He wants to go out of state.

I just read this on TFB.  Its been awhile since I have caught up on recruiting.  Already bummed about Bru then I see Evans quote and top schools.

***But, if Zach Evans list is indeed his real list then it wasn’t anomaly as we all saw Texas land outside the top five.

This quote from a recent interview Evans gave to 247sports about why he chose to leave Texas out of his top list is noteworthy…

“It’s just … you don’t know how to put it,” Evans told 247Sports as a part of a wide-ranging interview. “I don’t want to be disrespectful. I ain’t saying (Texas) can’t win a natty. It’s just at the moment [Texas is] not quite there. You beat Georgia but you barely beat Georgia. What about when it comes to a Bama or go to a Clemson?

“Texas is a good school, they coming up. It’s just … I don’t know.”

https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2019/05/open-post-weekend-may-31st-june-2nd/

What the hell gives?  Georgia made his top list and we beat them but somehow that doesnt count?  2-0 vs SEC in bowl games under Herman.  Other than Bama the SEC is fkn overrated.  Not to mention LSU has never been in CFP playoffs but they made the list.  SEC was 6-6 in bowl games

7 minutes ago, lshorn79 said:

There was speculation on the Austin sports talk shows, yesterday, that the player tweets were for Evans and not McCoy or maybe it was for both.

Good.  Just shows the type of culture this program is now.  Gone are the days of the "country club" atmosphere under Mack and "nice guy" Charlie.

I cannot wait for the LSU game.  Looking at LSU boards, they've mostly gone full aggy thinking we are a soft bdf team that they are going to come in and just run up and down the field on us.  It wont take long after the opening kickoff that they realize it's going to be a 60 minute street fight after we hit them in the mouth and let them know how it's going to be.

1 hour ago, lshorn79 said:

There was speculation on the Austin sports talk shows, yesterday, that the player tweets were for Evans and not McCoy or maybe it was for both.

I will be really glad when we get another commitment in here so we can move past the Evans and McCoy stuff. It’s silly speculation all the way around. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

I will be really glad when we get another commitment in here so we can move past the Evans and McCoy stuff. It’s silly speculation all the way around. 

I just found this stuff out yesterday, so this bad news is fresh to me.

15 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Once he’s signed and on campus....and doesn’t miss his mommy....

14 minutes ago, TexCoyote said:

I thought he said he was committing June 3rd

Ja'quinden is committing June 3rd (Monday) and that's likely what the Kate sighting is in reference to.

The 5* SHA is talking about will be later in the month (hopefully).

40 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

This is my guess 

That's my guess too.

I haven't been following recruiting that much for the 2020 class. What position would Ja'Quinden play at UT? I guess 247 says his highest potential is at S or LB but notes that he has a lack of experience at both positions.