Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I too remember watching David O. ru.nning the ball. most of us  are telling thier age Due to friendwho wanted to go to the game, I watched Dandy Dons debuet as a freshman. Been lucky to see so many high school greats. Thanks for bringing back the memories.

Earl did play a few downs at LB for the Horns my not so good memory says he blocked a punt vs the pigs.

If you watched Dandy Don's debut, then you saw my mom at halftime – leading the MVHS Marching Band. She dated Meredith a few times back then.

Advertise on HornSports
4 minutes ago, lshorn79 said:

It was a long time ago, but I remember that, as a freshman, Earl blocked an aggy punt from the nose tackle position.

He also blocked a Arkiesaw punt right before halftime his freshman year. It was in the end zone

3 hours ago, TB14 said:

How did the convoys meeting with Bru go?

I read that the staff left without a commitment from him, but are willing to give him more time to decide. Apparently he is concerned that Herman is trying to replce Mehringer. 

I say ok, gave it a shot. He doesn't want to be in Austin, move on. Kid has some growing up to do and probably should be near his parents. Great talent, but the program is bigger than 1 person.

17 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

If you watched Dandy Don's debut, then you saw my mom at halftime – leading the MVHS Marching Band. She dated Meredith a few times back then.

I am sure I saw your mom,at my age then I looked at all cheerleaders and majorettes. Was driving a 1948 Ford and got my first speeding going to that game. Mt. Vernon was blessed with several good players in those days.

The new coach needs a Dandy D. to be tough agatn.

If I recall correctly, Earl blocked a punt, early in the 3rd quarter, in the Astro Bluebonnet Bowl against the University of Colorado.  This jump started a turnaround resulting in a victory for The University of Texas Longhorns!

3 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I am sure I saw your mom,at my age then I looked at all cheerleaders and majorettes. Was driving a 1948 Ford and got my first speeding going to that game. Mt. Vernon was blessed with several good players in those days.

The new coach needs a Dandy D. to be tough agatn.

My mom and others who saw him play back then all swear Meredith was a better basketball player than football player. They say he had a pretty shot and was deadly accurate.

My grandmother owned the cafe downtown. You may have eaten there.

2 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Four star safety Lathan Ransom will be in austin this weekend. 

What do you do if Ransom wanted to come?

I've heard the staff's top two are Thompson and Washington.

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My mom and others who saw him play back then all swear Meredith was a better basketball player than football player. They say he had a pretty shot and was deadly accurate.

My grandmother owned the cafe downtown. You may have eaten there.

Yes Don was good at BB. Only player that I can remember that ade all state in football and basketball.

Have ate several meals in MV. just a long time ago.

Wonder if M v. coach would send a player to Baylor?