Jump to content
Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts

Advertise on HornSports
18 hours ago, texbound said:

Wtf, Ringo was all Texas at one point.  That's very disappointing to read.  

Question, if he makes it in for the June 21st weekend, is there a chance to get back in it?

There is always a chance.  That's the way recruiting goes.  When I say he is gone, I mean there is not much confidence amongst the coaches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ringo will probably fall in and out of love several times during this process. We are on the short list and regardless of where we are at the moment on his list it’s still fluid. If we take care of business on the field in the fall we’ve got a great chance to seal the deal. Georgia has been in the playoff conversation for the past 3 or 4 years so obviously their recent success trumps what we are selling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bear19 said:

Who here think Jawja is using the bagman approach to Ringo?

And how certain are you?

I do. Pretty certain it is more common than most think. I hear it from both college and high school level coaches. Heck, I heard it yesterday from a metroplex high school coach.

Let me clarify – I'm not referring to Ringo, just the bagman topic in general. Mike seems to have insight on the Ringo thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I do. Pretty certain it is more common than most think. I hear it from both college and high school level coaches. Heck, I heard it yesterday from a metroplex high school coach.

Let me clarify – I'm not referring to Ringo, just the bagman topic in general. Mike seems to have insight on the Ringo thing.

From everything I have read, it's as bad as the old SWC. The only difference it's condoned by conference leadership in the $EC. People call Saban the devil, but the real son of darkness was Mike Slive. The NCAA will never do more than a token slap on the wrist on a bottom dweller because the full weight of E$PN will come to bear if they mess with their cash cow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Baron said:

From everything I have read, it's as bad as the old SWC. The only difference it's condoned by conference leadership in the $EC. People call Saban the devil, but the real son of darkness was Mike Slive. The NCAA will never do more than a token slap on the wrist on a bottom dweller because the full weight of E$PN will come to bear if they mess with their cash cow.

I'll give you my take on this and I base it on personal opinion, experience, observation and behind the scenes info.

1.  Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,  Does everyone understand this and are there any questions?

2.  College football and basketball are multi, multi-million dollar enterprises.  They are a business - pure and simple.

3.  Multi-million dollar businesses must be protected.  At any cost. You've seen UT's revenues.  They are simply enormous. but the trickle down to lesser schools and their revenues remains basically the same.         

So shenanigans happen and they happen mostly out of desperation.

Consider the aggy's.  They just did a multi-million dollar upgrade to their stadium.  Paid $75 M to a football head coach.  Increasing their enrollment to 80,000.  Moved to the SEC.  Do you think they won't do everything in their power to support that investment and movement?  If it means paying a top player they are going to pay him.  Because winning equals money and money is what they are all about. 

 

The Georgia's, Alabamas, Oregons, etc. are no different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Perroni thinks aggy leads for Broughton. 

He's the only one.  Anyways, he'd be jumping all over it with a crystal ball pick.  He loves putting in early aggy picks on everyone, look at all those 2021 picks he has that aggy probably doesn't even lead for half of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

I'll give you my take on this and I base it on personal opinion, experience, observation and behind the scenes info.

1.  Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,Money, money,  Does everyone understand this and are there any questions?

2.  College football and basketball are multi, multi-million dollar enterprises.  They are a business - pure and simple.

3.  Multi-million dollar businesses must be protected.  At any cost. You've seen UT's revenues.  They are simply enormous. but the trickle down to lesser schools and their revenues remains basically the same.         

So shenanigans happen and they happen mostly out of desperation.

Consider the aggy's.  They just did a multi-million dollar upgrade to their stadium.  Paid $75 M to a football head coach.  Increasing their enrollment to 80,000.  Moved to the SEC.  Do you think they won't do everything in their power to support that investment and movement?  If it means paying a top player they are going to pay him.  Because winning equals money and money is what they are all about. 

 

The Georgia's, Alabamas, Oregons, etc. are no different.

This sums it very well. It's all about money and once you fully recognize that then you should no doubt that it "stuff" is happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Perroni thinks aggy leads for Broughton. 

Perroni, baloney. He still thinks they are John Wooden's basketball team along with pink unicorns and the Corp saved Grenada. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 63_Texas_1 said:

Perroni, baloney. He still thinks they are John Wooden's basketball team along with pink unicorns and the Corp saved Grenada. 

Pfft. Clint Eastwood saved Grenada. Everyone knows this.

ImprobableAliveAlbatross-size_restricted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 6:40 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

I do. Pretty certain it is more common than most think. I hear it from both college and high school level coaches. Heck, I heard it yesterday from a metroplex high school coach.

Let me clarify – I'm not referring to Ringo, just the bagman topic in general. Mike seems to have insight on the Ringo thing.

Joel Klatt on an interview with BAD Radio in Dallas - said that cheating is rampant in the SEC and ACC.   Take that for what it’s worth, but Klatt is an ambassador of sorts for college football.   Certainly has no personal reason to hurt the game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


Franchise Quest


  • Latest Posts

    • Thank you! Happy Father's Day!
    • Baker Mayfield teaches 'Horns Down' gesture at football camp Never change, Baker Mayfield. The Cleveland Browns star and former Heisman winner at Oklahoma traveled back to his roots this week, hosting a football camp at Lake Travis High in Austin, Texas, where dozens of campers learned nuggets about quarterbacking and a little something extra involving the Sooners' rivalry with the Longhorns. With campers huddled around him, Mayfield reportedly flashed the "Horns Down" hand gesture with a hearty "Boomer Sooner" to kick-off the event at his old stomping grounds. Mayfield was known for his 'Horns Down' moments throughout his career at Oklahoma, doing so during a 45-40 win over Texas during the 2016 season and bringing back the hand-sign last year at a Sooners basketball game vs. the Longhorns. “It’s quite the honor to be back home and have this,” Mayfield said, via The Statesman. “But I think the best part about it is that we had some kids yell ‘Boomer Sooner’ that normally wouldn’t.” The "Horns Down" gesture has been a controversial topic for years and hit arguably its highest moment last season during Oklahoma's run to another Big 12 Championship. Conference officials placed the gesture under the unsportsmanlike conduct classification and warned the Sooners prior to the Big 12 final it would result in a penalty. Texas coach Tom Herman was not a fan of the "Horns Down" prodding and made his thoughts known publicly before the final showdown vs. the Sooners. After beating Texas 39-27 to clinch a spot in the College Football Playoff, Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley tossed a "Horns Down" during the post-game celebratory photo. All in good fun, Mayfield was back at Lake Travis where he set several program records before walking on a Texas Tech, where he became the first true freshman walk-on in FBS history to start a season opener at quarterback. “I think it goes back to the fact that if you looked at me, I wasn’t going to be an NFL player. I just set my mind to it,” Mayfield said, via The Statesman. “It was something that I dreamed of doing, and I just really worked for it. These kids, it doesn’t matter what they want to do in life. It doesn’t have to be an athlete. Just work for it. You set your mind to something, and you’ve got to set your goals high.” 1COMMENTS After leaving Texas Tech for Oklahoma, Mayfield threw for 4,627 yards and 43 touchdowns in his final season with the Sooners, winning the school’s sixth Heisman Trophy. He set the FBS single-season passing efficiency record, with a 198.9 rating, which shattered his previous record of 196.4 he posted in 2016. Mayfield twice led the Sooners to the College Football Playoff and was instrumental in the development of Riley as one of college football's top offensive coaches.   https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Baker-Mayfield-Cleveland-Browns-Oklahoma-Sooners-Horns-Down-football-camp-132904028/  
    • It's okay, OU sucked earlier, too.  
×
×
  • Create New...