Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

12 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

This is gonna sound "weird" but I just found out from my mother that he's actually my little cousin lol. I don't know him personally ( I mean I am 30 years his senior) but during the conversation with my mom, she also noted that he attends the yearly Falls Creek Easter retreat with her church; well that he went went her church this past year.  Needless to say I'm rooting on the kid for continued success and hopefully he'll commit to the good guys

You're "rooting for the kid?"

Hah, you're related. You're now our lead recruiter. lol

I have heard he is a huge Texas fan.

Advertise on HornSports
1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Ringo did turn pretty fast, makes you wonder why.

Because Georgia, along with Oregon, are the 2 dirtiest programs in the country right now ( with aggy, Tennessee, and a couple more right behind ).

Guess Ringo was asleep for the Sugar Bowl.  Herman has kicked Kirby's ass twice ( once as HC, once as a coordinator against him ).

All these guys from the Saban tree know how to play the game.  

I don't think Kirby is that great of a HC.  Seems like he does some boneheaded stuff in big games.  He also lost to the 3 best teams Georgia played last year and if OU had any type of life on defense they would have beaten him 2 years ago.  The thing with Georgia is they play a crappy OOC schedule and the SEC East is garbage.  Maybe Mullen can challenge, but the rest are scrubs.   Tennessee is a dumpster fire ( maybe not for long, Pruitt is playing the game big time ).  

One thing with Ringo is none of the Georgia mods or Wiltfong have crystal balled him to Georgia, so let's see if this plays out some more.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think the George/Evans package thing is as much a thing as its been made out to be. Otherwise, why would their top schools be different?

I've heard for two weeks that Bama has moved on from George.

Ringo did turn pretty fast, makes you wonder why.

I’d focus on the schools they have in common within their top schools. Those are probably the ones to watch. 

Georgia being Georgia. 

2 hours ago, Slimer said:

Because Georgia, along with Oregon, are the 2 dirtiest programs in the country right now ( with aggy, Tennessee, and a couple more right behind ).

Guess Ringo was asleep for the Sugar Bowl.  Herman has kicked Kirby's ass twice ( once as HC, once as a coordinator against him ).

All these guys from the Saban tree know how to play the game.  

I don't think Kirby is that great of a HC.  Seems like he does some boneheaded stuff in big games.  He also lost to the 3 best teams Georgia played last year and if OU had any type of life on defense they would have beaten him 2 years ago.  The thing with Georgia is they play a crappy OOC schedule and the SEC East is garbage.  Maybe Mullen can challenge, but the rest are scrubs.   Tennessee is a dumpster fire ( maybe not for long, Pruitt is playing the game big time ).  

One thing with Ringo is none of the Georgia mods or Wiltfong have crystal balled him to Georgia, so let's see if this plays out some more.

While I realize Tennessee is playing the game, they're getting their arse beat at that game. Maybe they'll do better this year, but so far its been difficult for them to get serious talent to look their way. 

Agree with you on Kirby.

6 minutes ago, Slimer said:

@Sirhornsalot any new update on the "Big Fish" that could possibly commit?  Or are we going to have to wait a while?

Talked to my friend in Austin and while he said we lead for said 5-star, a commitment was not eminent. So I'll withhold for now.

The guy who told me that stuff was not my regular source. And now he won't be a source at all. lol

4 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

You're "rooting for the kid?"

Hah, you're related. You're now our lead recruiter. lol

I have heard he is a huge Texas fan.

Lol! My mom just text me that JD recieved a TCU offer which is where he wants to go. A whole lotta time left but consider TCU the lead

7 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

Based on reading IT and a few other sites.

Ringo-Georgia (IT pretty much think this one is over)

Evans & George-Bama (It would pick Bama today) 

Ringo is gone.  But, honestly, I lean more towards Bijan than I do Evans.  I agree that Evans is an elite back, but keep in mind he played behind an OL that was, arguably bigger and better than Baylor's.,  Hell, SirHornsa Lot could have run up some stats behind that line.  :) Bijan has some quicks, jerks, jumps and twitches that Evans doesn't.  That translates into a possible future superstar.  Maybe even on the same level as Ricky.  (don't yell at me).

8 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

May be a different genra, but the idea is the same. I was watching a very rare interview with both Charlie Munger and Warren Buffet, who together have run Berksher Hathaway since the beginning....

Charlie was asked how they handled disagreements....Charlie said they didnt disagree. He told Warren..." you will end up agreeing with me because you are smart and I am right"....

Buffett cost me a sizable amount of money.  When I die my wife and her new boyfriend will have a lot less to party on.

1 hour ago, doc longhorn said:

Ringo is gone.  But, honestly, I lean more towards Bijan than I do Evans.  I agree that Evans is an elite back, but keep in mind he played behind an OL that was, arguably bigger and better than Baylor's.,  Hell, SirHornsa Lot could have run up some stats behind that line.  :) Bijan has some quicks, jerks, jumps and twitches that Evans doesn't.  That translates into a possible future superstar.  Maybe even on the same level as Ricky.  (don't yell at me).

Doc

What happened with Ringo?

23 hours ago, doc longhorn said:

Wtf, Ringo was all Texas at one point.  That's very disappointing to read.  

Question, if he makes it in for the June 21st weekend, is there a chance to get back in it?

2 hours ago, texbound said:

Question, if he makes it in for the June 21st weekend, is there a chance to get back in it?

I'll refer you to Mike's post.

IF we can get him in for a visit, there's always a shot we can get back in it. Not knowing the kid makes this difficult to read. 

2 hours ago, texbound said:

There’s a chance, but it’s in stone yet. Texas will get an OV, but that probably won’t be enough. 

On various sites, a lot of posters and some mods say the problem is with SEC and other bagmen.

If it is obvious to so many people why does no one ever get caught? Well almost no one.

9 hours ago, Bear19 said:

On various sites, a lot of posters and some mods say the problem is with SEC and other bagmen.

If it is obvious to so many people why does no one ever get caught? Well almost no one.

I'll try and break it down. Rule #1: It's impossible to trace cash. Rule #2: Everyone has that "uncle" who gets the money and then gives it your momma or whatever family member that needs it. Rule #3: The money is usually used to pay for bills, car payments, rent, etc. Rule #4: The recruit usually doesn't ever see the money and in some rare cases doesn't even know about it. Rule #5: If you buy flashy things, or stuff that brings attention to you, the money runs out. 

54 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

I'll try and break it down. Rule #1: It's impossible to trace cash. Rule #2: Everyone has that "uncle" who gets the money and then gives it your momma or whatever family member that needs it. Rule #3: The money is usually used to pay for bills, car payments, rent, etc. Rule #4: The recruit usually doesn't ever see the money and in some rare cases doesn't even know about it. Rule #5: If you buy flashy things, or stuff that brings attention to you, the money runs out. 

This. The sophistication and creativity is on a much more higher level than ever before. 

10 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Mostly because if you are doing it, then you aren't going to turn someone else in. 

But if all of that is true how do we even know that it’s happening? How can people be so certain that it’s happening if the above process is followed.

Not trying to be argumentative, it’s just that I don’t get why it is so obvious that it is happening, yet nobody can prove it. 

My father-in-law was a Bama booster, he is recently deceased.  He told me he has paid recruits and watched other boosters pay recruits/players.  He wasn't one to lie or exaggerate.  It didnt bother him because he said all the schools did it.  This is probably more common at MOST schools.  

2 hours ago, Bear19 said:

But if all of that is true how do we even know that it’s happening? How can people be so certain that it’s happening if the above process is followed.

Not trying to be argumentative, it’s just that I don’t get why it is so obvious that it is happening, yet nobody can prove it. 

Usually after the fact when a player "confesses" his sins or whatever. R. Bush began talking after a couple years in the NFL.