Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

42 minutes ago, UTfish said:

What happened to Carrington's shhh emoji?  Are you getting info sooner than he is now, or did someone put a stop to it? 

I don't know about Carrington's shhh. I just hear things from a couple of friends who would know. For the record, they like the cat to be out of the bag before they say anything to me. So half the time I have to act like something's up. lol

I am designing a new landscape for a AD/HC of a Denton-area high school right now. I just run into things sometimes.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I am told that Kate wants to make another appearance soon. I'm trying to clarify on who it is and how certain it is.

The Brainiacs hinted at a possible commit or 2 by the end of the month.  No idea who it could be.

21 minutes ago, Slimer said:

The Brainiacs hinted at a possible commit or 2 by the end of the month.  No idea who it could be.

The one I was told was tinkering on committing is a very big fish and would be relatively unexpected. Still have not confirmed with another guy yet.

Longhorns Parker Braun, Jake Smith among players to watch this summer

Photo of Nick Moyle
Nick Moyle May 7, 2019 Updated: May 8, 2019 7:37 a.m.
940x0.jpg
Jordan Whittington (13) from Cuero who played on the West Team gets his reception ruled out of bounds in the 2019 All-American Bowl at the Alamodome on Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019. The sporting event featured 100 of the top senior football players from across the country. East defeated the West, 48-14. (Kin Man Hui/San Antonio Express-News)
Photo: Kin Man Hui, Staff photographer / San Antonio Express-News

AUSTIN — Ten members of the Longhorns’ 2019 signing class opted to fast-track their development by graduating from high school a semester early and enrolling at Texas in January.

Some of those early enrollees, like Cuero running back Jordan Whittington and Mater Dei (Calif.) wideout Bru McCoy, appear poised to play a prominent role as the team approaches Year 3 under coach Tom Herman.

But Texas still needs to plug some holes and add depth at several positions. Some help arrives this summer as the remaining signees and one accomplished graduate transfer finally make it to the 40 Acres.

• Unlimited Digital Access for as little as 95¢
  • Read more articles like this by subscribing to the Houston Chronicle
 SUBSCRIBE

OnExpressNews.com: Longhorns to lose Mitrou-Long 

For the incoming freshmen, the path to playing time is arduous.

“If you have any hope of playing as a true freshman, you better be working just as hard as our guys are working while they’re here,” Herman said. “They’ve all got the workouts, videos on how to do different lifts and runs and all that stuff. At the end of the day, if you put in the work, you’re going to have a chance to play. If they didn’t, there’s probably no chance.”

Only three true freshmen started multiple games in 2018: safeties Caden Sterns (13 starts) and B.J. Foster (five) and running back Keaontay Ingram (two). Cornerback Anthony Cook, converted defensive back D’Shawn Jamison and linebacker Joseph Ossai each started one game apiece.

Still, three incoming freshmen could help alleviate some concerns for Texas, even if they don’t end up winning a starting spot. A look at what that threesome, plus a two-time All-ACC offensive guard, can provide for the Longhorns in 2019.

Parker Braun (Georgia Tech), OL

It will take time for Braun to adjust after spending three years in Georgia Tech’s quirky triple-option offense. Even so, the 2018 first-team All-ACC guard will add experience and depth at arguably the team’s thinnest position.

“This is a guy who’s played a lot of football,” Herman said. “He’s going to have his work cut out for him to beat out some guys to earn his way into the starting lineup.

“The game is really fast in the Big 12. But we wouldn’t have signed him if we didn’t think he could come in and help us immediately.”

The second-string offensive line was shaky throughout spring practice. Even if Braun can’t beat out Junior Angilau or Derek Kerstetter for a starting spot on the line, he’ll be a vital backup and dependable rotation piece for an offensive line that lost three starters to graduation.

Myron Warren (Many, La.), DE

Warren starred as a master quarterback tormenter and backfield disrupter last season. He compiled 85 tackles, 14 sacks and 30 tackles for loss for a Many (La.) team that allowed 9.7 points per game and appeared in the 2A state title game.

“Another great athlete,” Herman said. “Excels at basketball, very explosive.

“He’s a guy that, especially when you see him play basketball, you’re just amazed at how a guy that big (6-foot-2, 240 pounds) can move that way. We consider Louisiana like in-state recruiting for us, Louisiana and Oklahoma. We’ve had a lot of success with players from that state. We expect Myron to be one of them as well.”

OnExpressNews.com: Quiet Longhorn ready to make some noise 

Texas has had to replace last season’s entire starting defensive line, leaving the team perilously thin and inexperienced up front.

Warren won’t start, but he has a chance to earn reps on a unit that needs to identify some reliable pass rushers.

Jake Smith (Notre Dame Prep, Scottsdale, Ariz.), WR

Texas is already stacked at wideout with three seniors (Collin Johnson, Devin Duvernay, John Burt), five-star freshman Bru McCoy, sophomores Josh Moore and Brennan Eagles and several others all jockeying for targets.

But Smith, the 2018 National Gatorade player of the year, will immediately compete for reps out of the slot.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college_sports/longhorns/article/Longhorns-Parker-Braun-Jake-Smith-among-players-13826980.php?src=rss?src=rss

4 hours ago, Baron said:

I'd put my money on SHA ;)

Me, too.  I just don't remember seeing the shhh in a while. But then, there are a lot of things I don't remember now. 

5 minutes ago, UTfish said:

Me, too.  I just don't remember seeing the shhh in a while. But then, there are a lot of things I don't remember now. 

That's what the wife tells me. According to her I have CRS.

1 minute ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Texas is in good shape with Broughton. 

Do you say that because of this tweet (which I can’t decipher) or your overall knowledge of the situation? 

32 minutes ago, Slimer said:

Rivals saying Johnny Wilson will visit June 1st and take an OV in the fall.  

Agree with SHA, this is huge.  It's one thing to have a top OOS pick UT for a OV, but to get him on campus on his own dime prior is gigantic.  Shows how interested in UT he really is.  It's so interesting seeing the big difference between UT and ATM recruiting. 

ATM = Everyone is coming here and if they dont then the coaching staff didnt want them. (optimistic, but Illogical)

UT = Texas is in a good position and has a shot, but it's a long shot. No one is a given.  Need to keep on recruiting.  (pessimistic at times, but logical).

2 hours ago, texbound said:

is Kate making an appearance this weekend SHA?

Still waiting. I'm holding out because the name startled me so I don't wanna float it out there unless I'm pretty certain.