Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

2 hours ago, Zachary said:

Check this out Sirhornsalot

20190510_214139.jpg

Thats not a UT account. He listed us in his preferred list of schools so the assumption is made. Braniacs spoke specifically on this today.

"Sources on the Texas side tell me that so far, Texas is not in pursuit of Chris."

I suppose that could change, but between what we have and whats coming, we're pretty loaded at safety. Overshown is a safety and may end his career here without ever really having played the position.

Advertise on HornSports
11 hours ago, Zachary said:

Check this out Sirhornsalot

20190510_214139.jpg

So he is a 2019 transfer target....did he sign with a school already and is jumping ship?  Isn’t he the guy who committed to usc and then bailed prior to signing day?  Seem to remember some drama with this guy.

12 hours ago, MBHORNSFAN said:

It sounds like Omeire is a heavy LSU lean right now anyway

If we land him fine, if not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.  His 40 and shuttle times at the Houston Opening were kinda meh'.  Like I said, I'd take QJ over him.  

8 hours ago, MikeV73 said:

So he is a 2019 transfer target....did he sign with a school already and is jumping ship?  Isn’t he the guy who committed to usc and then bailed prior to signing day?  Seem to remember some drama with this guy.

He was committed to USC for a long time. Then had some words or something with them, decommitted, and later pledged to Florida.

Apparently, at Florida, they roomed him with another recruit (frosh) who was doing some extra curricula's that he didn't agree with. He complained to coaching staff and requested a move – didn't get approved to do that – then person he complains about is arrested. Then CS decided to transfer.

I think he could transfer and win a waiver, due to the provable circumstances. But I think UT has what it needs at safety right now, with more coming. We have needs, but thats not one of the need positions.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

He was committed to USC for a long time. Then had some words or something with them, decommitted, and later pledged to Florida.

Apparently, at Florida, they roomed him with another recruit (frosh) who was doing some extra curricula's that he didn't agree with. He complained to coaching staff and requested a move – didn't get approved to do that – then person he complains about is arrested. Then CS decided to transfer.

I think he could transfer and win a waiver, due to the provable circumstances. But I think UT has what it needs at safety right now, with more coming. We have needs, but thats not one of the need positions.

I totally get what you're saying, but I would like to have a kid of his quality, both in talent and morals, on the Longhorn roster. Good for Steele for making the right decision for him.  Also, I thought he was a CB and not a S.  I gotta tell you that I wouldn't mind having another lockdown CB on this roster.  Cook and Green are top level talent and Kenyatta Watson seems to have the tools, but they need competition to stay sharp.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Tyler Owens ran 10.38 in the 100M dash today at the state finals and placed second to Matthew Boling who set the a new national record at 10.13. 

Crazy for a kid to me who now looks to be comfortably over 200 pounds 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, Daniel Seahorn said:

The need at ILB is an obvious one and Mitchell being able to get on campus later this month would be huge. This feels like it makes too much sense. 

So question, would the Horns have stayed put and not pursued Mitchell if Floyd didnt have his diagnosis?  Also, I hope we eventually get to see Floyd playing at DKR, but there is a good chance that may not happen.

14 hours ago, texbound said:

So question, would the Horns have stayed put and not pursued Mitchell if Floyd didnt have his diagnosis?  Also, I hope we eventually get to see Floyd playing at DKR, but there is a good chance that may not happen.

Not sure at all. It’s I do believe if Floyd was good to go, they would not push for JM to come next month 

22 hours ago, TheContractor said:

Not sure at all. It’s I do believe if Floyd was good to go, they would not push for JM to come next month 

I don't know about that. They were discussing doing so before the diagnosis. They were already thin there.

He may well be your next commit.

1 minute ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't know about that. They were discussing doing so before the diagnosis. They were already thin there.

He may well be your next commit.

Who do we think is most likely the next HS commit?

8 minutes ago, TB14 said:

Who do we think is most likely the next HS commit?

It may be mid-late June until we get another 2020 commit.  But we should see a string of commits before the season starts and possibly have around 12-15 commits before we kickoff the season.