Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

8 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Per Mike Roach, Texas will host Florida graduate transfer LB Kylan Johnson this weekend. Johnson is formerly of Dallas Skyline and could potentially provide Texas with some valuable depth at a thin position. 

This is a huge development.  He may not be a difference-maker as a player, but having a guy who has played a lot of P5 snaps would be a major boost to our LB room.

Advertise on HornSports
7 minutes ago, bevotee said:

This is a huge development.  He may not be a difference-maker as a player, but having a guy who has played a lot of P5 snaps would be a major boost to our LB room.

Was initially a Safety so he should have some good speed.  I think it's a no-brainer.  Staff got him to visit quickly so they must like something with this kid.  We've acted fast on every grad transfer we've gone after.

2 hours ago, Bear19 said:

Anyone know if we have interest in the running back from Clemson who has entered the portal? Can’t think of his name. 

I haven't heard that we have. I saw his name drop.

IDK, we have Ingram, Whittington and Johnson as a pretty good 1-2-3. If Johnson can stay healthy, finally, he's a home run threat. If you're Taveon Feaster, do you want to come and be one of four?

Heck yeah take him if he wants to come. He was listed as the top all purpose back in the country the year he came out. We need depth.

Clemson confirms RB Tavien Feaster enters transfer database

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/24/clemson-confirms-rb-tavien-feaster-enters-transfer-database/

15 hours ago, primal defense said:

Take Two: Will Oklahoma or Texas land Bryson Washington?

Adam Gorney and Mike Farrell
Rivals.com

CLASS OF 2019 RANKINGS: Rivals250 | State | Position | Team

Fwwnqmt7tsa51lsezmhb

CLASS OF 2020
UNDECIDED

has more than 20 offers, but the four-star safety made a huge move in his recruitment recently when he narrowed his choices to Oklahoma and Texas.

That is especially exciting for people following his recruitment because this is just another example of the Sooners and the Longhorns battling for an elite prospect. Texas seemed to hold an edge for the Houston (Texas) C.E. King standout, but a recent official visit to Oklahoma could have completely changed everything.

Washington had a phenomenal trip to Norman. He loves the coaching staff and the players there and he could make a huge impact in defensive coordinator Alex Grinch’s new defense. But the four-star has taken numerous visits to Texas, and he’s taking his official there in early June before he makes his decision around July 4.

Texas will have the final shot to convince Washington that it’s the right place for him. It seemed like the Longhorns were the clear frontrunner. But Oklahoma did a whole lot to close the gap and possibly even take the slightest lead heading through the spring.

Will it be Texas or Oklahoma for the four-star safety?

FIRST TAKE: JASON SUCHOMEL, ORANGEBLOODS.COM

“For the longest time, I felt Texas had a commanding lead there. He’s been on campus so many times, he’s already had positive things to say about the program and he has such a great relationship with the entire Texas staff. But it does certainly seem like that pendulum has swung in Oklahoma’s direction after his recent official visit.

“Does that mean Oklahoma is leading? I’m not sure. My gut tells me it’s pretty close to a neck-and-neck race, but Texas will get the last visit in late June before he announces. Anytime you get the last crack at a player, that can usually carry some weight. I still slightly favor Texas for that reason, but it really is a tough one to call right now.”

Rnpr4xnpbwohzj6cruka

SECOND TAKE: MIKE FARRELL, RIVALS.COM  

“This is going to come down a lot to the last visits with Tom Herman and Lincoln Riley. That’s what makes the recruiting battle so exciting between those two schools because it’s a question of who gets them on campus last. They’re both so good at closing and they’re both so good at in-person recruiting that getting the last visit suddenly becomes a big deal. 

"We will see this play out more and more as we head into official visits and more and more as we head into 2021 and 2022. Because Texas has the last visit and he’s been leaning toward that school. I think it’s going to get him, but it’s really hard to predict with these two coaches because they both do such a good job

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-will-oklahoma-or-texas-land-bryson-washington-

I understand early playing time, but do you really want your name associated with that abomination of a D OU has?

14 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I haven't heard that we have. I saw his name drop.

IDK, we have Ingram, Whittington and Johnson as a pretty good 1-2-3. If Johnson can stay healthy, finally, he's a home run threat. If you're Taveon Feaster, do you want to come and be one of four?

I disagree we can use another running back for depth alone. Ingram will be the starter however, the backup spot is open with a true freshman, a senior with injury issues and another RB who averaged 3.6 avg competing for the job.   It looks like Whittington will be a star, however if t Feaster is better that can only help us.

Seeing Kirk Johnson getting his wrist hurt in the spring game did not get me confidence that he can stay healthy or count on him.

1 hour ago, primal defense said:

I disagree we can use another running back for depth alone. Ingram will be the starter however, the backup spot is open with a true freshman, a senior with injury issues and another RB who averaged 3.6 avg competing for the job.   It looks like Whittington will be a star, however if t Feaster is better that can only help us.

Seeing Kirk Johnson getting his wrist hurt in the spring game did not get me confidence that he can stay healthy or count on him.

And how long will it be before Daniel Young enters the portal? 

5 hours ago, primal defense said:

You make a good point. Whittington spent half of last season injured, too.

I remain hopeful we see a healthy Kirk Johnson this season. I think he's a stud, if he ever gets on track.

16 hours ago, wadster said:

I understand early playing time, but do you really want your name associated with that abomination of a D OU has?

Word I'm hearing is there is some panic in Goonerland. Apparently, the offense is the source of concern, as in, what the hell is this? Not what they're accustomed to up there.

An OU friend who told me that also said he thinks two years before OU's D is where it should be.

28 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Word I'm hearing is there is some panic in Goonerland. Apparently, the offense is the source of concern, as in, what the hell is this? Not what they're accustomed to up there.

An OU friend who told me that also said he thinks two years before OU's D is where it should be.

As long as Riley is at OU, defense will always take a back seat.  This is a culture problem for them, maybe Riley changes, maybe he doesn't, but I wouldn't bet on it.  

He's still going to get elite offensive talent, but Herman is building the better overall team.  I cannot think of a single DL or LB recruit that they have a good shot at for this class.  That great DL haul of 2 years ago has been obliterated.  Michael Thompson has been moved to OL, Ron Tatum hit the road, and Jalen Redmond may never play again with health issues.

I think you'll start to see us win more times than not in this matchup going forward.

3 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Where are you hearing there is some panic in Goonerland? And why? I mean, come on, they've been in the playoffs 2 years in a row. They will have probably one of the top 10 QB's next year and they are recruiting quite well both last year and this year. Doesn't make sense why there is some panic.

2 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Where are you hearing there is some panic in Goonerland? And why? I mean, come on, they've been in the playoffs 2 years in a row. They will have probably one of the top 10 QB's next year and they are recruiting quite well both last year and this year. Doesn't make sense why there is some panic.

I mean, come on. I specifically said who I heard it from the post you're responding to.

Why? Because thats what he observed and it bothered him I would guess.

I seriously LOVE you guys who tell me QBs who've never taken a snap will be top 10 next year. lol 

8 hours ago, Bear19 said:

We should go all out for Feaster. 

Why would he come here?  He's not going to choose to leave being the 3rd RB at Clemson to come be the 3rd RB at Texas.  GTs want a place where there is a gaping roster gap and they are very likely to start.  That's what got us Anderson and Watson last year, and why we've got a great shot with LB Johnson this year.  I'd love to get one, but our solid 4-deep at RB is not going to be appealing to a GT.

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I mean, come on. I specifically said who I heard it from the post you're responding to.

Why? Because thats what he observed and it bothered him I would guess.

I seriously LOVE you guys who tell me QBs who've never taken a snap will be top 10 next year. lol 

My bad. I did completely miss that you mentioned your source. 

And the QB I'm talking about is Hurts. And I did hedge a bit by saying "probably". And he has taken many snaps as a starting QB. 

4 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

My bad. I did completely miss that you mentioned your source. 

And the QB I'm talking about is Hurts. And I did hedge a bit by saying "probably". And he has taken many snaps as a starting QB. 

My bad too then. Yes, Hurts is a good one. But I don't think he's anywhere close to Murray or Mayfield. Its hard to look bad when you're surrounded by Bama players.

His gist was that the offense looked dysfunctional. The OL wasn't nearly up to parr, TE play was even suspect he said. He's not real proud of OU's defense but said they are way ahead of the offense right now.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:13 PM, Sirhornsalot said:

Inside Texas reported this Friday. Your Sooner friend must be a member.

8 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

My bad too then. Yes, Hurts is a good one. But I don't think he's anywhere close to Murray or Mayfield. Its hard to look bad when you're surrounded by Bama players.

His gist was that the offense looked dysfunctional. The OL wasn't nearly up to parr, TE play was even suspect he said. He's not real proud of OU's defense but said they are way ahead of the offense right now.

Do you mean to say the OL isn't up to Logan Parr?

1 hour ago, BWilk55 said:

Do you mean to say the OL isn't up to Logan Parr?

If the O isn't up to the D, that's a great sign for us. WVU's QB looked abysmal in the bowl and a new coach. If there is ever a season to win the Big 12/10 this is it.