Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

6 hours ago, 83Dee said:

From a fellow recruiting geek.... I don’t know why anyone would go to surly (for recruiting).  You can read three pages and get nary one mention of football or recruiting.  But you can get a belly-full of:  

How many pages the 2020 thread will be. 

Insults about people’s mothers being a whore.  

And who’s hotter, Kate or the younger flavor of the week.  Yes, that’s right, the whole Kate thing came from over there.  

I like this site because it’s focus is on recruiting - minus the occasional quarter page of grown men acting like they’ve never seen a woman before after a Kate appearance.  

Actually, the Kate thing started at Shaggy.

For whatever reason, they have no problem posting content from the pay sites. So there's your reason.

22 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Actually, the Kate thing started at Shaggy.

For whatever reason, they have no problem posting content from the pay sites. So there's your reason.

Yet one of their admins raised all kinds of hell when I shared their humorous, aggy-bashing content here. Granted, I didn't really handle him all that well. But, I'll chalk it up to a communication breakdown.

4 minutes ago, Slimer said:

In the 247 article Bijan said he knew he was going to Texas all along, but the pressure from Ohio State got to him.

@Daniel Seahorn can you share any behind the scenes info. on this one?

What I can say is, the family weighed in heavily and that’s when things shifted back Texas’ way. The initial shift towards OSU was real interesting given the timing and all he positive Texas vibes up until then. 

3 hours ago, 83Dee said:

XWR = Outside?

I also get confused by B Backer / Rover, etc...

where did the good good old days go when you were either a MLB or an OLB?  

Now, get off my lawn!

Haha, yes XWR is Collin Johnson, outside big WR. 

The game is different now than it was when we had Sam, Willie and Mike.

B-Backer, think of a stand up OLB/pass rusher. This of the 3-4 Blitzburg Steeler Defenses and think of Greg Lloyd. In passing downs 90% of the time he will he will come around the edge to QB and in run support , seal the edge & prevent the the RB from going outside. Ossai for us does a lot of things well so you’ll see him do a few other things but Prince Dorbah is a good example of our traditional B-Backer in a couple years 

36 minutes ago, Slimer said:

In the 247 article Bijan said he knew he was going to Texas all along, but the pressure from Ohio State got to him.

@Daniel Seahorn can you share any behind the scenes info. on this one?

This tactic always seems to work temporarily. Leads to decommits and transfers if the player does sign. 

Glad we stay away from this stuff typically.