Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

I think Stan needs to be given the opportunity to show he can develop RBs at Texas before everybody gives up on him.  Regardless of BR picks Texas or not, a big year from Ingram and JW would help recruiting down the road.  Give him time to get a better than average OL in front of his guys and see how they perform.  Canning the guy after two years would be worse for RB recruiting.  Let him show improvement and the ground game improve and RB recruiting will be fine

2 hours ago, TheContractor said:

If Bijan comes to Texas, I will owe Stan an apology and recommend him for a contract extension. I’ve been in the boat that if he didn’t land a stud in 2020, he shouldn’t be on staff next year 

Me too. And I would love to eat some crow.

Brainiacs seem pretty confident. There are some things in their earlier conversations (w him and his family) that they've posted in the past that are coming home to roost now, so to speak.

SK has maintained for some time that Bijan is the best RB in the nation in this class.

4 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Brainiacs seem pretty confident. There are some things in their earlier conversations (w him and his family) that they've posted in the past that are coming home to roost now, so to speak.

SK has maintained for some time that Bijan is the best RB in the nation in this class.

SHA, what's your team contact hearing, if you don't mind sharing?  Don't recall an update from you recently, but prolly because of all our recent verbals etc.

3 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

SHA, what's your team contact hearing, if you don't mind sharing?  Don't recall an update from you recently, but prolly because of all our recent verbals etc.

I've been busy so I haven't called my friend in the department. Plus, it's been falling in our lap lately so I didn't feel the need.

I've been outside doing things all day and I come in and see this Bijan stuff happening. So I start looking at who knows what.

At this point I can tell you not to believe anything coming out of Ohio State sites right now. They don't know much of nothing. 

USC isn't even really talking about it. Arizona mod and Fong have CB'd him to Texas. Roach went from OSU to foggy, but thats probably because of different sources.

One internet source (not brainiacs) I know has said Bijan to Texas for several days now in PMs with him. I didn't really believe it so I haven't posted anything. My bad.

7 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Someone on the Ohio State board who sounded that he was in the know said his parents want him to stay closer to home it's the Arizona Wildcats. Just kidding it's UT. They have flown the white flag.

2 minutes ago, primal defense said:

Someone on the Ohio State board who sounded that he was in the know said his parents want him to stay closer to home it's the Arizona Wildcats. Just kidding it's UT. They have flown the white flag.

Have read that USC may be real contender as well.

22 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Have read that USC may be real contender as well.

He did say Texas and they hate UT. I also read that Bijan was going to have two hats on the table Aug 2. UT and Ohio State.

However, if it Texas on Friday then I will still be concerned with a poor UT performance and a good USC season that he could flip. Tucson is a Pac 12 town and he grew up a Reggie Bush fan and it's closer to home. The Ohio State posters were worried about Urban taking over at USC  when it looked like he was going to Ohio State.

5 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

Is this one over. I would have to think that we could flip him if we have the season we are expecting.

giphy.gif

What I've heard is unless someone makes a big impression during the season thats not currently on the radar, they may take an extra at another position and take an extra OL next year. Next year's crop is a little deeper than this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point it comes out that the staff slowed down on Lindberg.  All that weight gained over the spring couldn't have been good and unlike Shepherd, he doesn't have the type of athleticism.  I've seen rumors of injury concerns so who knows about that?  I have no doubt the staff would have took him months ago, but IDK what the hold up was with him.  Best of luck to the kid though.  I'm very excited about Karic.

1 minute ago, Slimer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point it comes out that the staff slowed down on Lindberg.  All that weight gained over the spring couldn't have been good and unlike Shepherd, he doesn't have the type of athleticism.  I've seen rumors of injury concerns so who knows about that?  I have no doubt the staff would have took him months ago, but IDK what the hold up was with him.  Best of luck to the kid though.  I'm very excited about Karic.

My thoughts exactly. Seems we let off the gas on him. I don’t think he would have played tackle for us and we would have bumped him inside anyways.

No way does he go to Arizona under Sumlin. That would be a waste.

Are the reports legit? I tend to think yes. It seems like location has become a factor here, and it seems like Robinson is more willing to leave home than his family is, and ultimately, the family won out. I expect Texas to be the choice, with the in-state Arizona Wildcats having an outside shot as well.

Resetting Ohio State’s running back board with Bijan Robinson, Jaylan Knighton likely out

https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2019/7/28/8933931/ohio-states-running-running-back-recruiting-bijan-robinson-jaylan-knighton

16 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

Lets not go all aggy on this one. He was a good one and we would have been glad to take him. Good get Georgia....I wish the kid the best......he wont be playing for the best, but I still wish him the best anyway....

Didn’t mean any disrespect to the kid at all. I just felt like we had our reasons for letting up on him. The ratings slip was there too so we weren’t the only ones with concerns about him. Wish him the best either way