Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

21 hours ago, okiehorn said:

Im digging the Mookie kid lol

tOSU was gaining momentum it sounds like with M. Washington until this ordeal 

0F1B7654-1CFF-4865-BEE9-A7FFE9474F3F.png

The Mookie kid is really really good at football. Like top 50 in nation good. He is a dynamic athlete, slot SR that will do some sweeps. Perfect for the Herman slot in our offense. A little bit smaller Ramonce. 

1 minute ago, TheContractor said:

The Mookie kid is really really good at football. Like top 50 in nation good. He is a dynamic athlete, slot SR that will do some sweeps. Perfect for the Herman slot in our offense. A little bit smaller Ramonce. 

And seems to be damn near recruiting for us right now. 

A video is out on twitter of Branard Wright working out in a Texas shirt and giving a shout out to Texas with a hook em' at the end.  That is now 3 of top DL for 2020 (Wright, Sylvester, and Bryant) showing legit interest in Texas yet don't have an offer.  Meanwhile aggy and OU are all over these guys and they are visiting those teams instead of us.

37 minutes ago, Slimer said:

A video is out on twitter of Branard Wright working out in a Texas shirt and giving a shout out to Texas with a hook em' at the end.  That is now 3 of top DL for 2020 (Wright, Sylvester, and Bryant) showing legit interest in Texas yet don't have an offer.  Meanwhile aggy and OU are all over these guys and they are visiting those teams instead of us.

I figure Orlando has control over who gets offered when it comes to the defense. As difficult as it is, I am going to defer to his judgement.

12 minutes ago, Hookemfan91 said:

I’m no insider but Hornsby going to Fort Bend Marshall was a move to have him go to A&M. Behind the scenes A&M is doing some illegal things. This move is one of them. 

Please give more specifics if you can. How does that move help aggy?

5 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Please give more specifics if you can. How does that move help aggy?

Fort Bend Marshall is very pro A&M. $$$, that’s one take on it. There’s a reason why coaches at one particular school who’s player is currently committed to us and has another player for 2020 that has Texas in his top 5. Those coaches at the school I just mentioned are pushing their kids away from A&M. As far for Hornsby goes the move to FB Marshall was illegal but got swept under the rug. I know the Austin High Head Coach very well. He was my DL coach at my high school years back. I was told he surprised Hornsby wanted to leave. Another coach also mentioned A&M was behind it as well.

Hornsby isn't coming here anyways with Card in fold and Rojo.

I'm just wondering what Jimbo is doing at QB recruiting.  He takes a DT QB in Foster, then this year has a guy who cant run at all, and now Hornsby.

2 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Watched his interview on local news yesterday, seems like a solid kid.  Interesting he is throwing to the anti-Texas WR at Lake Travis.  Lake Travis coach talking up Card, hopefully has two good developement years in the Lake Travis offense.

1 minute ago, MikeV73 said:

So 2 Texas offers are better than 1 right?:D

Are you kidding. Every year we see Texas giving out 17-18 offers to the same kid. I mean, they tweet out "So thankful and blessed for my 17th offer from Texas."

I can just see Herman calling with that 17th offer . . . "No, really. We really mean it this time."

lol

More information on Hornsby. I was told he asked Jimbo if he could bring his QB coach with him. As part of the staff. 

Update: I’ve also just been told that Jimbo just pulled his offer due to what’s currently going on with A&M.

11 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

More information on Hornsby. I was told he asked Jimbo if he could bring his QB coach with him. As part of the staff. 

Update: I’ve also just been told that Jimbo just pulled his offer due to what’s currently going on with A&M.

247 just updated its rankings and had Hornsby #12 in the nation.

16 hours ago, Hookemfan91 said:

Given how hands on Jimbo likes to be with his QBs, I doubt something like that transpires. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Given how hands on Jimbo likes to be with his QBs, I doubt something like that transpires. 

Yea I can honestly tell you there’s a lot going on with this recruitment. It’s kind of sad to be quite honest.