Jump to content
News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Daniel Seahorn

2020 Recruiting Board/Thread

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Best RB crew I've seen at Texas was 1) When Campbell AND Rosie Leaks were here, and 2) Priest Holmes, Shon Mitchell and Ricky Williams. Evans reminds me of Shon Mitchell.

Damn, Roosevelt Leaks. Wife and I were there at the Cotton Bowl in 1973, his junior year, when he ran for a then SWC record of 342 yards against SMU in a 42-14 win. And he finished 3rd in the Heisman Trophy balloting that year. Man, his forward lean when running was something to be seen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to EJ, Texas has good reason to feel good about Zach Evans recruitment. Will likely go to next February though. Evans is close with Chad Lindberg and views him as elite, as well as his team mate Dameon George. If Lindberg comes aboard, it will help with Evans.

Evans, Lindberg and Card watched the Sugar Bowl together.

Card was working Mookie Cooper at the AA game. Recruitment has slowed down, but Texas still in great spot.

Reiterated crystal ball picks for Jake Majors. Thinks Texas leads by a bunch, even over Stanford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Damn, Roosevelt Leaks. Wife and I were there at the Cotton Bowl in 1973, his junior year, when he ran for a then SWC record of 342 yards against SMU in a 42-14 win. And he finished 3rd in the Heisman Trophy balloting that year. Man, his forward lean when running was something to be seen.  

Indeed it was. Rosie was special.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Looks like the plan is to get more aggressive this cycle with getting recruits on campus. Makes a lot of sense given how the 2019 cycle played out and the stock for the program being hot. 

This confuses me. How do we get more aggressive with this? I feel like we should always be aggressively try to get recruits here. That’s always a positive. Why weren’t we already doing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TB14 said:

This confuses me. How do we get more aggressive with this? I feel like we should always be aggressively try to get recruits here. That’s always a positive. Why weren’t we already doing this?

Previously the staff was more focused on finishing up the current class until they are signed, sealed, and delivered on NSD2. They waited until February to have their first events and meanwhile  A&M held several events for recruits and got the drop on them. 

This time around things are getting expedited to avoid getting behind and allowing regional rivals to get in their ears first. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Previously the staff was more focused on finishing up the current class until they are signed, sealed, and delivered on NSD2. They waited until February to have their first events and meanwhile  A&M held several events for recruits and got the drop on them. 

This time around things are getting expedited to avoid getting behind and allowing regional rivals to get in their ears first. 

 

Yep, we are getting 20' and 21' recruits on campus this weekend and next while aggy is hosting OV's.

Herman needs to get some of these guys on board early for momentum.  Everyone is talking about Texas now and we need to take advantage.  This time last year it was all Jimbo hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Previously the staff was more focused on finishing up the current class until they are signed, sealed, and delivered on NSD2. They waited until February to have their first events and meanwhile  A&M held several events for recruits and got the drop on them. 

This time around things are getting expedited to avoid getting behind and allowing regional rivals to get in their ears first. 

 

Ah, I see! Thanks for the clarity, Daniel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Franchise Quest


  • Latest Posts

×