Sign in to follow this  
echeese

My latest take on Da Boys Draft in 2 weeks.

Per all the rumor mills, gadflies and pundits, seems Dallas is very serious about taking an OG in the 1st 2 rounds. Personally I think 19 is too high for any of the OLs but that doesn't mean others will not be interested in moving up.

Would either Pittsburg or NE switch 1st and give up their 2nd for Mason Rudolph? (not sure Lamar Jackson slides this far but if he does, this is even more likely)

Or NE covets an OT and Conner Williams might still be there.

Even dropping down to trade with Denver and add their 3rd and 4th (all those work value chart wise).

14 1st round talents but 60-70 2nd/3rd round types.

So projecting a trade with Pittsburg who likes the big strong armed QB to learn under Big Ben.

Keep in mind this draft is not just about 2018 but 2018-2021.

Dallas' needs in no order:

1 Tech
LBs (2)
S
TE
OG
WR
Edge
RB change of pace type
JJ wants a young QB to groom as well.

PS, used the handy dandy FanSpeak mock draft simulator. Some of the player evaluations are either way too high or too low but used the composite feature.   https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php

Dallas goes to 28 and takes Will Hernandez who steps onto the field in Frisco as the LG 1

With 2 picks now in the 2nd, Dallas takes Derrick Nnadi, 1 Tech/DT FSU then with Pitts' 2nd, they take Safety Justin Reid Stanford.

Potentially 3 1st year starters. And frankly not opposed to Dallas taking a 2019 2nd + something to trade into this years 2nd round (or same thing in the 3rd) to add more talent in the Top 100 range.

3rd round is Hayden Hurst, have to get Whitten's replacement ready.

2 picks in the 4th, WR Donte Pettis UDub. Kid has great moves with the ball in his hands (All American punt returner) great hands and route running, very Dak friendly guy. It he's gone Chark LSU.

Next 4th is Fred Wagner of BYU, very athletic, hybrid SS/OLB.

5th round: Shaqueem Griffin, UCF. Another OLB with ridiculous athletics though only 1 hand. 

Keep in mind that after round 3, you are drafting STs guys and players to be developed. Both Wagern and Griffin fit the mold of what Dallas likes in their LBs.

With 3 picks in the 6th round, Dallas can target some lesser needs

CB Troy Brown Bama If he doesn't fall to the 6th, Rashaud Gaulden CB Tenn

RB Ito Smith South Miss, many like Hines of NCSt but Smith bigger guy with very similar skills

QB Chase Litton Marshall, big strong arm, very accurate low INT/TD ratio.

7th round pick up a OT who can play guard, Cole Madison Wazzu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGCA05Jdjqs

Advertise on HornSports
8 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Translated. . . . I'll admit I turned into a fat lazy shit after I got paid. . .but I'll show'em now.

F Dez. . ..good riddance.    I'll bet lunch he doesn't break 1000 with any team and they get tired of his sideline antics too.

will re-do my mock draft on Monday, I think DJ Moore is a player in Dallas future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• Rivals Camp Series Dallas: Prospects talk Texas schools, coaches   Rob Cassidy and Sam Spiegelman Rivals.com COPPELL, Tex. - From Austin to Dallas to College Station to Denton, the state of Texas is home to a whopping 12 FBS teams. So at this weekend’s Rivals Camp Series stop in Dallas, Rivals.com decided to survey some Lone Star State prospects on the in-state programs. Below are a number of answers to four questions dealing with colleges in the Lone Star State.   Which in-state school will win a national title first, and why?           Jimbo Fisher AP Images “Either Texas or Texas A&M. Those are the programs on the rise right now. The way they both performed last year and everything.” -  EJ Smith ***** "Texas. They have been racking up the points the last year. They can do the same thing this year." -  Zeriah Beason ***** "Texas A&M. Their recruiting class was really strong. I think it was third behind Georgia and 'Bama. The guys they're bringing in are top-level recruits. So with them in the mix, with coach (Jimbo) Fisher, if they can get a quarterback that team will be set up." -  Ken Seals ***** "Texas, because last year they blew everyone's minds winning 10 games. I just think they're gonna get better from here on out, just keep getting better." -  Tommy Brockermeyer ***** ‘’Texas A&M. I mean, they have Jimbo Fisher up there establishing things.” -  Jalen Kimber ***** "Probably A&M. I like their recruiting class the past couple of years. Texas had the best chance, but I think they lost a lot of talent. I think this year it'll be Texas A&M, but it's a close race." -  Darius Snow ***** "Texas. They're a young team that beat Georgia last year, also." -  Lorando Johnson ***** "Texas or Baylor. Baylor because two years ago, they were 1-11 and then 7-6. It shows what they're building over there. Texas just won the conference, so they're building something over there. They got five-star recruits, so I'm expecting a lot from them." -  Jaqwondis Burns ***** “Probably Texas. They have a great culture and a great coaching staff. I feel like they’re the up-and-coming team.” -  Korie Black Which in-state school will have the best record this year, and why?       “I don’t know. I don’t want to choose between Texas and Texas A&M, so I’ll just say one of them.” – Smith ***** "Nobody can beat Texas right now. They're unbelievably talented right now at a scary rate, so I got my faith in Teas right now." - Beason ***** "Texas A&M. Coming off a great game against LSU, it was a good turning point for the program, especially in Jimbo Fisher's time there. Going into next season, I think they'll build off what they accomplished last year." - Seals ***** "Texas. They're just getting a lot better, a lot tougher. Their last recruiting class and the class three years straight, they have a bunch of players there and they're about to be really good this year." – Brockermeyer ***** “A&M just because Jimbo,” - Kimber ***** "Baylor is on the come-up. TCU is always scary, especially with  Jalen Reagor . He's the best of the best. If A&M does well in SEC play, though, then Texas A&M." - Snow ***** "Texas, but only because Texas A&M is in the SEC." - Johnson ***** "Texas. Off the season they had from last year with 10 wins, they had a great season and it's hard not to continue that." – Burns ***** “I’m giving this one to Texas, too. They have been building up and getting ready. This might be the year.” – Black Which in-state school's head coach seems the coolest, and why?           Tom Herman AP Images “I think coach Jimbo (Fisher). He brings energy and cares about his players.” – Smith ***** "Matt Rhule. They're all cool in their own way, but I'd give it to Baylor's coach." - Beason ***** "I really like Tom Herman, but I feel like being a quarterback, to play for Coach Fisher is something special. You learn from him and the guys that he's put in the league, but Herman is up there, too." – Seals ***** “Tom Herman. He’s just cool. He loves his players and takes care of those guys.” - Kimber ***** "Jimbo. I went to TCU not too long ago and coach (Gary) Patterson is cool, but I remember when coach Fisher came to the school during basketball season, chopping it up and he's just a cool dude." - Snow ***** "Jimbo. He's a laid-back dude. At least with me he's real laid back." - Johnson ***** "Texas. That dude (Herman) is straightforward. That dude is all about business." – Burns ***** “I haven’t met a lot of the head coaches in Texas but probably Gary Patterson. I like the way he is. He just seems cool.” – Black Which in-state school does the best job recruiting Texas kids?     “Right now, A&M, but I’m just going to say that because that’s how it is with me, you know” - Smith ***** "Baylor, because of coach (Joey) McGuire. He's been in the area for a long time. He coached at Cedar Hill and knows the ins and outs and the recruits in this area the best." - Beason ***** "I'm not hearing from a lot of them, but I feel like Texas does a good job of keeping the guys at home. If you get an offer from Texas and you're from Texas, that's where you want to be. I feel like Texas does a good job of keeping guys at home." – Seals ***** “Tom Herman for sure. Everyone down here really likes him.” – Kimber ***** "Texas or Texas A&M. It's always them two every time for who gets the best Texas recruits. It's always Texas or Texas A&M." - Brockermeyer ***** "Probably Texas or Texas A&M. They're just both family dudes. Coach Herman, coach Fisher, they really sell the best in Texas to stay home." - Snow ***** "A&M. I see them in every school in Texas trying to recruit somebody." - Johnson ***** "Texas. They just got that five-star wide receiver ( Bru McCoy ) and that says it all. They got someone all the way from California, and I've never heard of anyone else doing that." - Burns ***** “It’s either A&M or Texas. I think maybe Texas, because of how many they bring down to campus. When they bring you down there, they make you feel like you are family.” – Black   https://n.rivals.com/news/rcs-dallas-prospects-weigh-in-on-texas-schools-coaches-1
    • I would probably go higher with Watts. My daughter is a Sr. at Little Elm and talks to him everyday. He pretty high on Texas let her tell it. She says he flirts with her all the time. She's gangsta tho and told him that she won't even consider a date with him if he doesn't pick Texas lol