News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Storylines to Watch as Texas Begins Spring Practice

I hate to be "that guy" and I apologize if the content is embedded in another thread, but the lack of Spring practice reporting by this site is surprising and leaves me having to look to other sites and newspaper outlets for practice news.  I love HornSports, but I'm certainly disappointed this time of the year.

20 minutes ago, Coal Harbour said:

I hate to be "that guy" and I apologize if the content is embedded in another thread, but the lack of Spring practice reporting by this site is surprising and leaves me having to look to other sites and newspaper outlets for practice news.  I love HornSports, but I'm certainly disappointed this time of the year.

I was at Thursday's practice and to say that the play of the OL was less than stellar would be sugar-coating it. 

Okay, I wasn't really at practice but that is the gist of what I read on another site, i.e, the OL looked absolutely horrible. 

On 4/13/2018 at 10:06 AM, Coal Harbour said:

The fact of the matter is we don’t have anyone in Austin that can cover practices. I’m in law school in Lubbock, Daniel is in Maryland, and Jameson is on the baseball beat. We apologize about that, but it’s just been rough this year. 

8 hours ago, Hiwood said:

here is a question to ponder...will the OL determine who we start at QB ?

Calvin Anderson coming in at LT will give Shane Buechele a chance to show what he’s got when he has a resemblance of a clean pocket. 

2 hours ago, Harrison Wier said:

Calvin Anderson coming in at LT will give Shane Buechele a chance to show what he’s got when he has a resemblance of a clean pocket. 

thats what I am talking about....does the QB we start determine if the OL is a pass protecting pocket scheme or with Sam ,is the OL a read option type scheme....

the consensus here says the OL is the key to success, but does our personnel favor a pocket passer or a read option QB...

all I know as a Horn fan is I want one QB, one that puts points on the scoreboard and doesn't turn the ball over which puts points on the opposition board

48 minutes ago, Hiwood said:

thats what I am talking about....does the QB we start determine if the OL is a pass protecting pocket scheme or with Sam ,is the OL a read option type scheme....

the consensus here says the OL is the key to success, but does our personnel favor a pocket passer or a read option QB...

all I know as a Horn fan is I want one QB, one that puts points on the scoreboard and doesn't turn the ball over which puts points on the opposition board

Unless a coach is a disciple of a certain offense, I would think most coaches would want to run a multiple offense. Run, RPO or pass pro. Whatever the down and distance called for.