Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****GAME THREAD - TEXAS vs. NEVADA: NCAA Tournament Round 1*****

1 minute ago, TheContractor said:

Shaka cost us a win again. 

Why play zone 16 mins is second half, they killed us. 

8 OT games this year, 7 of which we were up and choked bc we can't be coached up. 3 seconds left and we can't inbound a ball bc nobody knows to go to the ball. 

So F'ing frustrating to blow it again.

Shaka will be back be he doesn't deserve it 

Zone allowed all of those threes to be taken.  

Advertise on HornSports

Bamba's 4th foul against both Duke and today were total crap and not having him in OT was a killer in both games. Dylan has to just feel awful. Just make 50% of your free throws dude and it's game over. 

Ever since we signed that ESPN contract, I feel like we've been cursed in all 3 mens sports. Just gets old. 

10 minutes ago, Oldmanastro said:

Anyone hear anything about Smart to Louisville? I’ve heard it from more than one person. 

I find it ammusing that his name is linked with any jobs.  The ridiculous thought that the Houston rockets were trying to hire him a few years ago led to a contract extension by Patterson for no reason.

I dont watch MBB religiously at all but I've seen more than two games where foul trouble in OT games has cost us...no discipline...bamba better clean that up at the next level cuz it's worse there...I give their performance all year 4 thumbs down!!

4 hours ago, Hiwood said:

VCU to  TEXAS was too large a jump...lets cut our losses now and go shopping for a new HC...Smart is way in over his head

It's not necessarily that.  He isn't coaching the same game as he did at VCU and it makes ZERO sense.  We hired the "HAVOC" coach.  Even VCU threatened a trademark violation if we used that.  

Year 1 he didn't press at all and the "excuse" was that he didn't have his type of player to do so.  

Fast forward to year 3 (after the year 2 WORST record in UT history) and he still isn't running the offense or defense we hired him for.

This alone should have him gone and what is confusing about it is that his lack of success should make him try the VCU type of ball.  Works for West Virginia so there should be no excuse.

The lack of shooters also shows his half court "dribble until 5 seconds left then heave a shot" doesn't work wither so he should stress high tempo.

All this tells me what I need to know.  He isn't a good coach.  He got lucky with a team that hit every shot one year.  

He's a terrible coach.  ZERO X's and O's.

Wasted every big man he had here wit ha lack of low post offense.

He can't be fired fast enough and we wont amount to anything as a program until he is.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• Thank you! Happy Father's Day!
    • Baker Mayfield teaches 'Horns Down' gesture at football camp Never change, Baker Mayfield. The Cleveland Browns star and former Heisman winner at Oklahoma traveled back to his roots this week, hosting a football camp at Lake Travis High in Austin, Texas, where dozens of campers learned nuggets about quarterbacking and a little something extra involving the Sooners' rivalry with the Longhorns. With campers huddled around him, Mayfield reportedly flashed the "Horns Down" hand gesture with a hearty "Boomer Sooner" to kick-off the event at his old stomping grounds. Mayfield was known for his 'Horns Down' moments throughout his career at Oklahoma, doing so during a 45-40 win over Texas during the 2016 season and bringing back the hand-sign last year at a Sooners basketball game vs. the Longhorns. “It’s quite the honor to be back home and have this,” Mayfield said, via The Statesman. “But I think the best part about it is that we had some kids yell ‘Boomer Sooner’ that normally wouldn’t.” The "Horns Down" gesture has been a controversial topic for years and hit arguably its highest moment last season during Oklahoma's run to another Big 12 Championship. Conference officials placed the gesture under the unsportsmanlike conduct classification and warned the Sooners prior to the Big 12 final it would result in a penalty. Texas coach Tom Herman was not a fan of the "Horns Down" prodding and made his thoughts known publicly before the final showdown vs. the Sooners. After beating Texas 39-27 to clinch a spot in the College Football Playoff, Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley tossed a "Horns Down" during the post-game celebratory photo. All in good fun, Mayfield was back at Lake Travis where he set several program records before walking on a Texas Tech, where he became the first true freshman walk-on in FBS history to start a season opener at quarterback. “I think it goes back to the fact that if you looked at me, I wasn’t going to be an NFL player. I just set my mind to it,” Mayfield said, via The Statesman. “It was something that I dreamed of doing, and I just really worked for it. These kids, it doesn’t matter what they want to do in life. It doesn’t have to be an athlete. Just work for it. You set your mind to something, and you’ve got to set your goals high.” 1COMMENTS After leaving Texas Tech for Oklahoma, Mayfield threw for 4,627 yards and 43 touchdowns in his final season with the Sooners, winning the school’s sixth Heisman Trophy. He set the FBS single-season passing efficiency record, with a 198.9 rating, which shattered his previous record of 196.4 he posted in 2016. Mayfield twice led the Sooners to the College Football Playoff and was instrumental in the development of Riley as one of college football's top offensive coaches.   https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma/Article/Baker-Mayfield-Cleveland-Browns-Oklahoma-Sooners-Horns-Down-football-camp-132904028/  
    • It's okay, OU sucked earlier, too.