Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

*****GAME THREAD - TEXAS vs. NEVADA: NCAA Tournament Round 1*****

3 minutes ago, java said:

Dylan can’t hit anything today. 

Yep, hate to blame a player but this loss is on him. He started the year off great but tailed off in the 2nd half. He had a dismal game and never should have attempted a shot in OT.

Oh well, on the baseball. Oh crap, we suck in that so never mind!

That is one pathetic end to the season.  A win would have made this season tolerable.  Oh well, at least baseball is kicking ass.....whoops.  Not impressed at all by the coaching staff this season and last season.   Made the tourney, but blew this game.  We have enough good players to design an offense and to win these games.  Nevada is not that great which doesn't say much for us.  Dylan blew it at the FT line shooting well below his average.  One FT made in regulation wins this game.  He missed 7 I believe.  Similar game all season:  I watch us build a big lead first half, other team adjusts better than us at halftime and closes the lead, we lose a game we should have won, my blood pressure goes up and realize I shouldn't have wasted 2.5 hours watching.   Coaching is lacking even if our guys are young.  Yes I am negative here but expected much more from Smart.  He is not the guy and we will have a similar to worse season next year.

13 pt lead and we couldn't find a knock out punch. We should have blown the game wide open instead of letting them back in it.

Smart will spend next year on the hot seat. This isn't good enough, despite whats happened this season.

2 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

13 pt lead and we couldn't find a knock out punch. We should have blown the game wide open instead of letting them back in it.

Smart will spend next year on the hot seat. This isn't good enough, despite whats happened this season.

Not good enough for him to keep his job next season, but too much money owed on a long contract as you said awhile back SHA.  Kate doesn't like this.

1 minute ago, drgilbert said:

I see we found a way blow another double digit lead. I didn’t get to watch the game but when I saw the halftime score I was optimistic. I should have known better. So ready for Shaka to be gone. 

Be thankful you didn't watch.  I can't wait until we can have some discussions on this board about a successful big three sport at Texas.  Someday?  Please!

Shaka cost us a win again. 

Why play zone 16 mins is second half, they killed us. 

8 OT games this year, 7 of which we were up and choked bc we can't be coached up. 3 seconds left and we can't inbound a ball bc nobody knows to go to the ball. 

So F'ing frustrating to blow it again.

Shaka will be back be he doesn't deserve it