News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Carrara

Longhorns set to face Nevada in opening round of NCAA Tournament

marmadnss17.jpg

The Texas Longhorns earned an invitation to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday evening, their 34th appearance, and will face the Nevada Wolfpack in Nashville, Tennessee (South Region) on Friday.

The Longhorns appear as a 10 seed and the Wolfpack, which play in the Mountain West Conference, are the 7-seed in the region.  Nevada finished the season at 27-7  (15-3 in the Mountain West).

Nevada is coached by Eric Musselman, who assumed the head coaching position in 2015.

Texas makes their second appearance in the Big Dance under head coach Shaka Smart, who is still in search of his first win in the event.  The Longhorns were upset in the first round by Northern Iowa in 2016 on a half-Court buzzer-beater.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Franchise Quest

• Latest Posts

• Notre Dame will get a lead and probably rest some of their stars. Otherwise, it would be an ugly blowout. I heard that Bru went to today's USC-UCLA game. Is that true?  
    • Texas certainly isn’t hurting itself the more the guys see them winning and trending in the right direction. 
    • The more turmoil the better in regards to Bru/Texas. I’m curious to how restless the natives will get if USC gets blown out next week by the Fighting Irish. 
    • My initial thoughts . . .  1. I expected a big letdown when Sam left the game. Buechele held up well, even ran a couple times for good yardage. Very pleased with him. 2. Lil Jordan Humphrey – if he were to return to UT next year, he'd be in the Heisman conversation. He is special. 3. Bru McCoy, were you watching LJH tonight? 4. For all the pre-game hype about ISU's defense, we ran the ball pretty much at will on them. 5. It's easy to see that Sam's running ability and the seriousness of that threat make this offense percolate. Without him, its a very different offense. 6. Defense showed up well tonight. Anyone catch Ossai on the game's last play? They were having fun out there. 7. I felt really good about the play calling for most of the game. However, there seemed to be a 4-5 play rotation that kept going. Not sure if by design or because thats what ISU was giving them. But great job overall. 8. We better not coast against Kansas. They played OU a helluva half of football today. 9. My defensive player of the game would be Charles Omenihu (sp?). He played a helluva game. 10. Offensive MVP was LJH. Hon Mention to the duo of Tre Watson and Ingram and the OL.
    • Told y'all. Should I pick Kansas next week?