Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

49 minutes ago, BigL said:

Load up on them then! 

So your telling me that I could get 12 for each side of the ball and have them fully dedicated to know everything about each opponent next year?

Why stop at 12? lol Its what Saban does every single year.

Advertise on HornSports
18 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

I just watched a tape showing all the WR's in a "horse" style catch challenge and I am now very puzzled. Devin Duvernay simply does not/can not miss anything that his hand touches. The guy is fast as hell and apparantly can catch anything. How in hell did we target him so seldom? Best hands I ever saw....

Most of the  Devin was targeted Sam missed him. Sure TD but missed.

I know Sam did not see Him and sometimes Sam missed him, but I dont understand why he wasnt FEATURED....that kind of speed coupled with those hands just can not be ignored. I know Burt is fast as well, but he has terrible hands....I hope this year Dev gets more touches.....for that matter....he aint that easy to bring down either.....

I watched the same video. It is pretty awesome how humble Devin seems for a kid with his level of talent. I get the feeling he is going to have a special season. I'm eager to see how well LSU's defense fares against that type of speed while also having to account for CJ, Whittington, Moore, etc. I think Texas will run those cajuns until their wheels fall off and hang 40 on them.

I like to think that....but we have to have our young inexperienced O-line give Sam the time he needs to find those guys. If they can, LSU is in for a long day....if they are over matched, then it goes the other way. LSU is pretty proud of their secondary and with good reason. I still think we will have the juice to impose our will offensively...

20 hours ago, DisplacedTexan said:

I watched the same video. It is pretty awesome how humble Devin seems for a kid with his level of talent. I get the feeling he is going to have a special season. I'm eager to see how well LSU's defense fares against that type of speed while also having to account for CJ, Whittington, Moore, etc. I think Texas will run those cajuns until their wheels fall off and hang 40 on them.

Agree with you100 percent. For Texas to be great Sam needs to improve his long ball percentage. IMO.

Reply was meantfot Oldhorn2 some went wrong Big fingers and small space does not mix.

1 hour ago, Eastexhorn said:

Agree with you100 percent. For Texas to be great Sam needs to improve his long ball percentage. IMO.

Reply was meantfot Oldhorn2 some went wrong Big fingers and small space does not mix.

Bull in china shop 

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I agree as well. The receiving talent on this team is arguably the best Texas has ever had.

4 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

I knew somehow I would get the blame here....

....joking....I am joking

9 hours ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

One of the faster LB groups I can recall. 

Shows how the college game has changed. You can’t play a big run stopping plugger anymore. Defenses need fast athletes who are more versatile. The guys that would be a strong safety back in the day are your linebackers now.

1 hour ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

Didn't know where to put this, but here ya go. Looks like Derrian Brown on the road to recovery and at the least he could have a normal life! 

It is so awesome to see this young man (Derrian) standing on his own 2 feet and smiling and dancing!!!❤️  May God continue to heal him and to guide and lead him on his journey!  God’s blessings, mercy and grace showered upon you (Derrian) as He guides and leads you on your incredible journey!