Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Good friend of mine just texted me a picture of him and Ben Crenshaw together throwing up the Hook'em. He played golf with him today in Branson, Mo.

Did he just top my hour of beers with Earl Campbell 20 years ago?

10 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Good friend of mine just texted me a picture of him and Ben Crenshaw together throwing up the Hook'em. He played golf with him today in Branson, Mo.

Did he just top my hour of beers with Earl Campbell 20 years ago?

Nope. Pasture pool is okay, but drinking a few with the Tyler Rose is a bucket list thing.

I love listening to Todd Orlando.  Does anyone know the status of Pat Hudson and Kirk Johnson?  Are they back practicing at full strength?  

Edit: I guess I should've read the Spring practice thread.  Sounds like Hudson was back at full go.  Still haven't heard anything about Kirk.  I don't want to write him off, but I want to see him out there.

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Is it ever told how many attend Texas spring game? Seemed kinda disappointing on tv. Was told this info is never disclosed 

Attendance was probably down due to all the hub Bub all week about strong and severe storms forecasted for that day.

Nebraska is pretty stoked about Scott Frost. He'll win at Nebraska, but not next year IMO.

Just got through listening to an interview with Malik on local radio (dfw)

He spoke eloquently and represented himself and the University well as he usually does, but 2 things stood out to me. 

1. He said how with Herman, everybody knew what to expect from the other team and how no team did anything that they weren't expecting. Also that the discipline and people that were brought in knew how to behave and meet expectations on and off the field. He tried to explain that it wasn't an issue under the previous staff, but how it was different under Herman.

2. He said that when he was moved to the inside he wasn't given the fundamentals to make the switch successfully. He said he basically went on instinct his first 2 years. He praised Orlando's knowledge of the position and showing him the nuances of the position as well as the proper tecniques.

I thought it was a very telling interview on what may have contributed to CS not being successful in Austin and hopefully what will make Herman a success.