News Ticker
  • Texas Basketball falls to #7 Kansas 80-78 in Lawrence on Monday night
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

24 minutes ago, sporty said:

Rising is visiting Utah this weekend. I think he's most likely to leave and we'll keep Thompson. 

I'm fine with that. I think Thompson is the underrated of the two and fits Herman's style a little better.

Pretty sure Utah just lost a QB because he was beat out for the job so that would be a weird fit for Rising. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

Pretty sure Utah just lost a QB because he was beat out for the job so that would be a weird fit for Rising. 

Their starter is coming back for this season, but he has to sit a year anyways. Everybody's saying he'd be on track to compete for a starting job in 2020, but he'd be able to do that here too.

44 minutes ago, sporty said:

Their starter is coming back for this season, but he has to sit a year anyways. Everybody's saying he'd be on track to compete for a starting job in 2020, but he'd be able to do that here too.

I think Sam will stick for his senior year at Texas, so compete in 2020? Maybe. But he'll be hard to displace unless he can't deliver like he did this year.

2021 will most likely be the year for the next QB up.

1 hour ago, Bogey said:

I think Sam will stick for his senior year at Texas, so compete in 2020? Maybe. But he'll be hard to displace unless he can't deliver like he did this year.

that would mean that thompson would be a junior with little to no meaningful playing time; with the premise that sam stays and doesn't get hurt.

45 minutes ago, Rotty22 said:

that would mean that thompson would be a junior with little to no meaningful playing time; with the premise that sam stays and doesn't get hurt.

Hopefully over the next couple of years we have plenty of games where our back up quarterback can play the fourth quarter. Or more. 

4 hours ago, Bogey said:

Very true. Totally blanked that Sam is a Soph. Made me happy.

6 hours ago, Bogey said:

Cue up Roschon and Card!

14 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

Honestly I was never impressed with hurts. He looked so damn good because he had one of the best coaching staffs and nothing but 5star players around him. We would destroy him with our secondary

Maybe so, but OU has serious WR core coming in also and Riley is an offensive genius. Even if it’s tough to admit. 

58 minutes ago, texbound said:

In somewhat Longhorn related news:

Kyler Murray wants big time money from the A's or he is entering the NFL draft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2815519-kyler-murray-rumors-star-is-seeking-15m-wants-big-time-money-from-as.amp.html

Wow, just wow.  Now he is extorting a pro team.  

I tried that strategy at my job, completely backfired on me:D

1 hour ago, texbound said:

In somewhat Longhorn related news:

Kyler Murray wants big time money from the A's or he is entering the NFL draft.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2815519-kyler-murray-rumors-star-is-seeking-15m-wants-big-time-money-from-as.amp.html

Wow, just wow.  Now he is extorting a pro team.  

So if he enters the NFL draft, will he then make high demands and state he will play baseball if they are not met?  I realize this can’t happen with the nfl having slotted money for draft picks, but my disgust at his attitude is my point.  I hope he fails miserably at whatever he does.  

2 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

So if he enters the NFL draft, will he then make high demands and state he will play baseball if they are not met?  I realize this can’t happen with the nfl having slotted money for draft picks, but my disgust at his attitude is my point.  I hope he fails miserably at whatever he does.  

I'm all for people getting what they deserve, but show some humility and feel privileged to have the opportunity.  

8 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

I think Kylers move is actually extremely smart. He wants to go NFL, but knows the shelf life is short. Why not see if he can get the MLB to match his offer? Smart kid

Exactly. Sure up your future! Only time in your life you’ll have this kind of leverage. Smart business decision. 

I’d pick football if I were him. No guarantee to ever make the Bigs in baseball. Plus a first round NFL pick will make $10 million easily. If you have some injuries then go back to baseball!