News Ticker
  • Texas will face Oklahoma in the Big 12 Championship on Saturday, December 1st @ 11:00 AM in Arlington, TX. Game will be televised on ABC
  • Texas Basketball (5-1) loses to Michigan State in title game of Las Vegas Invitational 78-68
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

14 hours ago, okiehorn said:

going to have to disagree. The dumbass punched a windshield, he gone... the girl was not following police orders who were trying to regain control of a very hostile situation in which they were way out numbered. And you can clearly hear the QB hit the apartment wall and is being reported that’s why he got arrested. They were all drunk and acting like fools.  Hopefully mark it as a learning experience but def no way a leader should act. 

I agree to an extent.  EVERYONE should have left the scene.  The QB punched a wall and said "bullsh**t" and the officer went out of his way to arrest the guy.  For what?  Reacting to his friend being arrested?  The officer had no problem arresting that chick but what about the couple who were standing right next to her filming as well?  Saying it without saying it, the LPD singled out certain individuals.  And having gone to school there (although 20 years ago) I can see nothing has changed...I do agree tho that the guy who punched the windshield absolutely deserved to be detained...

1 hour ago, DBut82 said:

I agree to an extent.  EVERYONE should have left the scene.  The QB punched a wall and said "bullsh**t" and the officer went out of his way to arrest the guy.  For what?  Reacting to his friend being arrested?  The officer had no problem arresting that chick but what about the couple who were standing right next to her filming as well?  Saying it without saying it, the LPD singled out certain individuals.  And having gone to school there (although 20 years ago) I can see nothing has changed...I do agree tho that the guy who punched the windshield absolutely deserved to be detained...

The QB is the one with the dreads who punched the car windshield out and started this whole mess. Just FYI

2 hours ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

The QB is the one with the dreads who punched the car windshield out and started this whole mess. Just FYI

The safety Shakur Taylor punched the windshield. Not the QB... QB punched the apartment wall. All are suspended indefinitely... which I’m not sure I agree with but guess he doesn’t put up with BS. 

Readinfg this story on Duffy though he sounds like a real winner... already suspended last year as well

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22913834/quarterback-jett-duffey-four-texas-tech-players-jailed-sunday-morning

13 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

The safety Shakur Taylor punched the windshield. Not the QB... QB punched the apartment wall. All are suspended indefinitely... which I’m not sure I agree with but guess he doesn’t put up with BS. 

Readinfg this story on Duffy though he sounds like a real winner... already suspended last year as well

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22913834/quarterback-jett-duffey-four-texas-tech-players-jailed-sunday-morning

Whoops, my mistake. That is correct. 

Any concerns about Shaka after the Banks/Young departures? Is this a CS situation for next year? I like CSS however, is he trying too hard since he arrived and is over analyzing things? Or just not getting bodies that fit his system?

10 minutes ago, TexasTaz27 said:

Any concerns about Shaka after the Banks/Young departures? Is this a CS situation for next year? I like CSS however, is he trying too hard since he arrived and is over analyzing things? Or just not getting bodies that fit his system?

Or just in over his head?

11 minutes ago, TexasTaz27 said:

I'm told we actually need another to leave/transfer. We need the room for whats coming.

I hope the room is needed and a better product hits the court. If not CSS could be hearing these words, “Clean ur locker out coach, time to move on.” I really hope he turns it around.

2 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I'm told we actually need another to leave/transfer. We need the room for whats coming.

Too many guards leaving, aren't all of our commits bigs or forward types?  Not a good situation, we need guards who can shoot.

9 minutes ago, MikeV73 said:

Too many guards leaving, aren't all of our commits bigs or forward types?  Not a good situation, we need guards who can shoot.

I don't think Roach ends up leaving. I just don't think his draft stock is high enough.

You got a 6'9 and 6'10 PF coming in as well as a 6'6 and 6'7 SF. 

I see Eric Davis is going pro, so we may not need another transfer now. 

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

I don't think Roach ends up leaving. I just don't think his draft stock is high enough.

You got a 6'9 and 6'10 PF coming in as well as a 6'6 and 6'7 SF. 

I see Eric Davis is going pro, so we may not need another transfer now. 

Still need guards.  Long eligible after transfer, Coleman and Febres back, hopefully Roach....that's all of the guards I believe.  Definitely don't need ostekowski bringing it up the court.

13 hours ago, TexasTaz27 said:

We hired the HAVOC coach from VCU.  Since day 1, he hasn't run his style of game.  Go watch old VCU tapes.  It shocking.

Year 1 - Didn't have "my type of players" to run HAVOC

Year 2 - No clue why we NEVER pressed or ran a motion offense. RESULT?  WORST record in UT HISTORY

Year 3 - Again, no clue why we never pressed or ran motion offense.  If nothing else, we have ATHLETES.

He's a fraud.  Concerns started year 1 when he had Cam and Prince and NEVER fed the post. Year 2, with Jarrett Allen?  Same thing.

spread the court, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, jack a 3 with 5 seconds left.

With his utter lack of success, you would think he would at least TRY running the same game that got him this job.  THAT ALONE, shows my all I need to see from him.

Buh-Bye

4 hours ago, Scottmg said:

We hired the HAVOC coach from VCU.  Since day 1, he hasn't run his style of game.  Go watch old VCU tapes.  It shocking.

Year 1 - Didn't have "my type of players" to run HAVOC

Year 2 - No clue why we NEVER pressed or ran a motion offense. RESULT?  WORST record in UT HISTORY

Year 3 - Again, no clue why we never pressed or ran motion offense.  If nothing else, we have ATHLETES.

He's a fraud.  Concerns started year 1 when he had Cam and Prince and NEVER fed the post. Year 2, with Jarrett Allen?  Same thing.

spread the court, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, jack a 3 with 5 seconds left.

With his utter lack of success, you would think he would at least TRY running the same game that got him this job.  THAT ALONE, shows my all I need to see from him.

Buh-Bye

Agree, Smart has not run an appropriate offense to utilize his talented players.  It would seem the HAVOC system would be good for a team without an identity to put pressure on the opponent.  Not sure what he is doing, not sure if he knows what he is doing.  I already figure we will suck next year losing Bamba, but now we have lost half of the team early as well.

14 hours ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Read on another site that Chris Del Conte called in every single head coach at Texas into a room 2 weeks ago and told them they all needed to be top 10 programs. Period.

Eddie Reese brought chips and dip, then passed around his 14 NCAA championship rings, 39 conference championship rings and pics of the gold medal athletes that he's coached so they'd know where the bar was set.