Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

1 hour ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Just to illustrate the importance of the running game . . . Army held the ball for 45 minutes in their game with OU. That is the primary reason why OU had to go to OT to get the win. 

Army grinded against a defense that is now banged up and inflicted its will. It also kept OU's offense off the field and I think that had something to do with OU's inconsistency.

Taking OU to OT at their crap stadium in Norman is nothing to be taken lightly.

We stick to running the ball against OU and pass here and there, we win the game. Period.

Agreed, Midget only thru 15 passes. Exactly what needs to be done. Difference is, if Texas gets into a position where hey HAVE to throw the ball they CAN. Army unfortunately could not. They will not get out of league play without a couple losses. People can say what they want but im truly not impressed with there team as a whole....maybe the WR core but that’s it lol. Won’t be a tougher game then Saturday. My opinion 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Agreed, Midget only thru 15 passes. Exactly what needs to be done. Difference is, if Texas gets into a position where hey HAVE to throw the ball they CAN. Army unfortunately could not. They will not get out of league play without a couple losses. People can say what they want but im truly not impressed with there team as a whole....maybe the WR core but that’s it lol. Won’t be a tougher game then Saturday. My opinion 

Agreed that Ou is not that impressive BUT this game is such a huge rivalry game that it is always a tossup game no matter who is good or sucks that year. 

We can easily win that game but we have to play with pride and anger.

30 minutes ago, texasdalton said:

Agreed that Ou is not that impressive BUT this game is such a huge rivalry game that it is always a tossup game no matter who is good or sucks that year. 

^^^^^^^  THIS  ^^^^^^^^

Excellent post...if ever a game was that there was never such a thing as a SURE winner, it is this one. Whichever team doesnt show up will lose.

speaking of favorites....I read somewhere today that Tom Herman as a head coach.....when ever his team has come in as a dog, his team has covered the spread something like 23-3. 

All this means is that if Texas is placed as a dog by Vegas...bet Texas.  23 out of 26 is pretty astonishing.

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

speaking of favorites....I read somewhere today that Tom Herman as a head coach.....when ever his team has come in as a dog, his team has covered the spread something like 23-3. 

All this means is that if Texas is placed as a dog by Vegas...bet Texas.  23 out of 26 is pretty astonishing.

Yea I posted that tweet 1 page back. Was crazy. I didnt realize that

2 hours ago, texasdalton said:

No doubt, def didn’t say it was a guarantee. But I do not believe it would be an “upset” this year like folks were thinking 

46 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Yea I posted that tweet 1 page back. Was crazy. I didnt realize that

LOLLOLLOL....Probably where I read it....Dont worry. The way my old man memory is I will probably give you that "news flash" again next page.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:02 PM, horninoregon said:

Duane Akina, straight off the field last night after Stanford's crazy OT win against the Ducks...sees me and exclaims excitedly..." how about our Horns!!":D:D

Coach Akina recruited a kid I coached many many years ago. Great guy who loved talking to everyone, from the secretaries to students in the halls. Loved talking ball and life with him. 

Open note to Chris Nelson and Todd Orlando:

Coach took away your belly rub celebration for fear of a taunting penalty. Understandable. I recommend you consider and allow a subdued version of the belly rub while walking back to the huddle, as in "man them sacks taste good," done personally and for the cameras -- and they will look -- so as not to show the crowd or the other team and thus no taunting. Problem solved. 

#don't kill the belly rub

On 9/18/2018 at 7:39 PM, okiehorn said:

I don’t have a clue on the rules but heard a rumor....is it true if Shane plays in less than 4 games It would be considered a “redshirt” and IF he transfers he’d have 2 years left of eligiblilty? Same with Jalen Hurts? 

Yes. He would have 2 years of eligibility. Don’t be surprised if you see him graduate and transfer. 

11 hours ago, Harrison Wier said:

Yes. He would have 2 years of eligibility. Don’t be surprised if you see him graduate and transfer. 

I like Shane and believe he's a more than a capable college qb.  With that said, it would not surprise me to see him reunite with Strong & Gilbert at South Florida...and he'll do well for them.

36 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

I like Shane and believe he's a more than a capable college qb.  With that said, it would not surprise me to see him reunite with Strong & Gilbert at South Florida...and he'll do well for them.

It might seem too obvious to some, but I would think he would look there too. He excelled in Gilbert's offense as a freshman. 

8 minutes ago, Harrison Wier said:

It might seem too obvious to some, but I would think he would look there too. He excelled in Gilbert's offense as a freshman. 

Do you think Blake Barnett returns for his senior season?  IDK much about the kid other than he's a former Alabama transfer.  He has a year remaining after this season.  Is he a draft prospect?  Seems to be doing pretty well so far this year...

2 hours ago, DBut82 said:

A LOT can happen before a transfer would happen but another school I would think he’d look into is Tulsa. 

14 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Damn, that sucks 

Yes that does suck. But I want everyone healthy for the next weeks game. Hopefully he is ready. I would really like a win this week but would love to knock the everlivin crap out of OU!!!!!