Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

I said it a couple days ago i do not think USC is Any good, and neither are we so could be a barn burner.  

USC gave up 308 yards rushing to UNLV, and 159 yards rushing to Stanford.  

Herman needs to run Ingram, Watson, and Ehlinger - eat up the clock

https://twitter.com/SpanningTheLoeb/status/1039165706473037824

41 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

He just looks so lost now. Complete different Demeanor then a month ago

Yep, I'm telling you Tom is kinda of acting weird. Give me a confident, borderline arrogant coach any day of the week. He is not that right now.

And I'm not sure it's not due to him realizing that his players are not playing as well as he really thought they would which has him searching for answers. And I'm not discounting that that could be due to the coaching staff is just not that good or the players are just not that good. Or, more likely, a combination of those two things. 

USC coach said JT Daniels MRI on hand injury came back and it was only a bruise. Went on to say it was worse Sunday night, and he is optimistic about the QB availability for Texas..... that would make things interesting. I hope he plays. I won’t a big momentum type game. 

2 hours ago, okiehorn said:

@Daniel Seahorn How come some of my tweets show up and others are just the link? any idea what im doing wrong? some videos and stuff i post work just fine when i post the link, it automatically shows the caption.. others like the one above do not 

Don't ask me. I can barely log on to the internet.:)

"Del Conte has a pragmatic view of the long term. He says it will take Herman two or three strong recruiting classes to compete nationally. (Last year’s was the first.)"

https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-wrong-texas-football-heres-inside-look-tom-hermans-tall-order-turnaround-061749873.html

And I agree...all this talk of "fire Herman" needs to chill imo.  It's obvious Del Conte & Herman have a long term vision we as a fan base need to relax a bit and watch it play out. 

24 minutes ago, DBut82 said:

"Del Conte has a pragmatic view of the long term. He says it will take Herman two or three strong recruiting classes to compete nationally. (Last year’s was the first.)"

https://sports.yahoo.com/whats-wrong-texas-football-heres-inside-look-tom-hermans-tall-order-turnaround-061749873.html

And I agree...all this talk of "fire Herman" needs to chill imo.  It's obvious Del Conte & Herman have a long term vision we as a fan base need to relax a bit and watch it play out. 

People are anxious because they don't see any improvement. Already with this very weak start in 2018, we are looking square in the face another 7-6, 6-7 season for the sixth year in a row. If Herman can win 8 or 9 (so much for 10, my pick) with a few quality wins. -- no more losing games we aren't supposed to -- then people will relax a little and let things build. 

Thus far we've had a lot of talk but haven't seen any results.

9 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

People are anxious because they don't see any improvement. Already with this very weak start in 2018, we are looking square in the face another 7-6, 6-7 season for the sixth year in a row. If Herman can win 8 or 9 (so much for 10, my pick) with a few quality wins. -- no more losing games we aren't supposed to -- then people will relax a little and let things build. 

Thus far we've had a lot of talk but haven't seen any results.

Losing to Maryland was a BIG step backwards.