Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

Heard on 104.9 the Horn this morning that Gary Johnson suffered a stinger in practice yesterday.  Sounds like he'll be ok, but LB depth is getting a little thinner with McCullough having the strained pec and now GJ dinged up a bit.

49 minutes ago, Texas2725 said:

Heard on 104.9 the Horn this morning that Gary Johnson suffered a stinger in practice yesterday.  Sounds like he'll be ok, but LB depth is getting a little thinner with McCullough having the strained pec and now GJ dinged up a bit.

Gotta pray for a clean bill of health at LB all year. 

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

D*mn it to h#ll.

7 minutes ago, prosfromdover said:

ESPN story up on Maryland's toxic football culture. Program wrecking kind of stuff. Let's hope they are reaching point of peak disarray around first game.

A lot of people deserve to be fired. Heads are going to roll all around and that family is going to sue the school without a doubt. 

12 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

A lot of people deserve to be fired. Heads are going to roll all around and that family is going to sue the school without a doubt. 

I read the article. While by todays standards its cruel and unusual, back in the 70's this was the standard (other than the forced eating). We would do conditioning at the end of practice for a half hour or more, endless 220's or grass drills. And that was after the second practice of two-a-days. I saw players mocked and ridiculed all the time. A friend of mine was harrassed by the head coach while he limped to the locker room, only to have total knee reconstruction two days later.

I thought this was just the way it was playing football. Hell, I still thought it was normal to this day. No wonder we sucked. LOL!

9 hours ago, Baron said:

I read the article. While by todays standards its cruel and unusual, back in the 70's this was the standard (other than the forced eating). We would do conditioning at the end of practice for a half hour or more, endless 220's or grass drills. And that was after the second practice of two-a-days. I saw players mocked and ridiculed all the time. A friend of mine was harrassed by the head coach while he limped to the locker room, only to have total knee reconstruction two days later.

I thought this was just the way it was playing football. Hell, I still thought it was normal to this day. No wonder we sucked. LOL!

There is a big difference in instilling toughness, discipline, and accountability... then there is the stuff being reported that transpired at Maryland. I’m all for guys getting coached hard, but the stuff being reported is well past the line for me. 

And we haven’t even got into the issue of how the staff may have bungled handling a kid who suffered heatstroke and ended up dying. Reading that portion made me ill to my stomach. 

Summarized notes in my own words...from today’s scrimmage...

*Anthony Cook had an Interception.

* Bonney had a fumble recorders for a TD

*The only freshman that got snaps with the 1s were Ingram and Sterns. Sounds like Ingram is moving up the depth chart in a hurry. Like many of you all said he would.

Also read that the defense Won today but it wasn’t  a dominated performance. Which speaks good things about the offense getting better and more improved from last year.

3 minutes ago, North Texas Golfer said:

Ohio St beat reporter, lol. Take this report with a huge grain of salt.

Not to mention gets the story back on Urban. Which you k ow he was hoping this Maryland stories makes people forget about his situation