Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/7/17/17581956/tom-herman-tim-beck-texas-longhorns-offense-big-12-media-days

"If Beck manages to survive past the season opener as the offensive coordinator, it will represent the first time that a play caller has remained in the position for more than 14 games since Bryan Harsin held that role in 2011 and 2012.

Since 2009, Texas has run eight different offenses, only one of which survived two full seasons. Since 2010, the Texas offensive staff has featured six offensive coordinators, an in-season change of play callers, and 27 different assistant coaches. Six coaches have been in charge of the offensive line, while seven coaches have now worked with the wide receivers."

53 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

I've listened to this twice now. I realize most of it was coach speak. But he really needs to get the offense right. Whether it's calling plays or getting the substitution pattern right. If he wins fewer games than expected, he will be judged by Longhorn nation on those two things.

18 minutes ago, Jameson McCausland said:

Wait, so a 6th round pick is unhappy because his coaches said he should have returned to school? Good grief.

Dickson and Williams were the only 2 that were draft ready. Williams probably didn't want to chance getting injured again and Dickson just won the Ray Guy. The others should have returned.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:00 PM, prosfromdover said:

Was looking at the roster and most everyone has bullshit majors, except Hager's is philosophy. I'll just leave that here.

This has been a thing for a long time. Put players in majors that won’t threaten their eligibility. Very common.