News Ticker
  • Texas vs Iowa State kickoff will take place on Saturday, November 17th @ 7:00 PM at DKR-TMS in Austin
  • Texas Football schedules Georgia for home and home series in 2028 and 2029
  • Texas Football ranked 13th in AP Poll and 14th in Coaches Poll
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

I love this 2018 class.  Can't wait for them to develop.  All these guys are great, but the one guy I'm really looking forward to see in a couple years is Ojomo.  Some people will look at the * rating and not think much, but to think he was only 16 and will grow more is astonishing.  No doubt in my mind this kid would've been a high 4*, bordering on 5, if this was his senior year.  

On 7/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, texbound said:

I guess that 4.8 40 wasn't a mistake for O'Neal.  Woodard smoked him like he was a pylon. Either that or Woodard runs a 4.1.

Most safeties won’t do well in that situation, but yeah that just shows you that Leon doesn’t have the athleticism to walk out and cover WRs and is likely a box safety long term. 

5 hours ago, HORNfromETX said:

IT is saying Jamison is working at slot WR. 

Just read this very interesting.

I don't remember anywhere in his recruiting that he was mentioned as anything other then a DB/Returner

2 hours ago, noonan05 said:

I don't remember anywhere in his recruiting that he was mentioned as anything other then a DB/Returner

On 1/31/2018 at 1:26 PM, Adferrum said:

@Daniel Seahorn wouldn't Overshown be an ideal fit for the Rover LB spot? I mean he is both great in coverage having played S most of the time, but also big and physical enough to be closer to the LOS? Do you have any thoughts on this?

Another thing: What about Jamison playing slot. I'm not aware he ever played WR in HS and have no idea about his hands and route running ability. But he excels in the return game and has some athletic ability that would suit well in the slot. He is quick, shows the ability to make YAC and is physical enough to play in the middle.

You should listen to me more ;)

2 hours ago, Adferrum said:

You should listen to me more ;)

Good get 

Still doesn't change no "expert" anywhere mentioned it. Suprised they have the call this early to switch him

10 hours ago, noonan05 said:

He was projected as a nickel, but the staff is going to experiment with him in the slot due to the need at the position. 

1 hour ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

He was projected as a nickel, but the staff is going to experiment with him in the slot due to the need at the position. 

He juked Leon out of his shoes :lol: