Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

I love this 2018 class.  Can't wait for them to develop.  All these guys are great, but the one guy I'm really looking forward to see in a couple years is Ojomo.  Some people will look at the * rating and not think much, but to think he was only 16 and will grow more is astonishing.  No doubt in my mind this kid would've been a high 4*, bordering on 5, if this was his senior year.  

On 7/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, texbound said:

I guess that 4.8 40 wasn't a mistake for O'Neal.  Woodard smoked him like he was a pylon. Either that or Woodard runs a 4.1.

Most safeties won’t do well in that situation, but yeah that just shows you that Leon doesn’t have the athleticism to walk out and cover WRs and is likely a box safety long term. 

2 hours ago, noonan05 said:

Just read this very interesting.

I don't remember anywhere in his recruiting that he was mentioned as anything other then a DB/Returner

On 1/31/2018 at 1:26 PM, Adferrum said:

@Daniel Seahorn wouldn't Overshown be an ideal fit for the Rover LB spot? I mean he is both great in coverage having played S most of the time, but also big and physical enough to be closer to the LOS? Do you have any thoughts on this?

Another thing: What about Jamison playing slot. I'm not aware he ever played WR in HS and have no idea about his hands and route running ability. But he excels in the return game and has some athletic ability that would suit well in the slot. He is quick, shows the ability to make YAC and is physical enough to play in the middle.

You should listen to me more ;)