Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Baron

Longhorn News/Discussion (Non-recruiting)

On 5/27/2018 at 2:50 PM, texbound said:

Omg, can the LHN show other games besides 2008 OU/UT, 2006 USC/UT, or the 1969 game.  How about last years Texas Bowl or UT/OhioSt.  Just show some different ones.

You think someone from LHN reads this board.  They've shown different games now for about a week.  

I know, I just quoted myself.

1 hour ago, texbound said:

You think someone from LHN reads this board.  They've shown different games now for about a week.  

I know, I just quoted myself.

Yea saw last night was the 98 Nebraska game lol

2 minutes ago, Adferrum said:

Don't know where to put it really, but Kyler Murray was drafted No. 9 in the MLB draft. Would be stupid to risk all of that money by playing ball for blowU in the fall

I just seen that! SURLY he won’t go back to the Sooners. I’d hope Riley tells him he should go also. The longevity of his career will be much longer in baseball

7 minutes ago, Daniel Seahorn said:

If he’s smart then Murray will put the football down and go play the sport where he has more upside in and become a millionaire in the process.

Yea talk is Oakland said he could play football in the fall then farm club ball for 2019... as the head coach I’d hope Riley cares more about the kids future than 1 season of football... 

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Yea talk is Oakland said he could play football in the fall then farm club ball for 2019... as the head coach I’d hope Riley cares more about the kids future than 1 season of football... 

He's at Ou so he cares more about football obviously:unsure:

1 hour ago, okiehorn said:

Wonder what daddy Murray will have to say here.

8 minutes ago, Bear19 said:

Surely Oakland would not cough up a full signing bonus and allow him to play football this fall.

That’s what’s all over ESPN and Sooners brainiacs boards. I’m with you, waste of a pick if you don’t get him in right away 

Dion Sanders did well in both MLB and NFL...I think he even once hit a home run in Yankee stadium and later scored a touchdown the same day. Aint but one Neon Dion however.

Switch to Bo Jackson....NFL rookie of the year or was it baseball?......Either way he was great at both......till he broke his hip in a football game....good bye either career.

Lets see....Bo was about 210 or 220....Kylee is about ....uh....well.....remember the carnival rides where they had Goofy holding out his arm and the sign said...if you are not at least this tall you cant ride?

well....the votes are in.....I read where Oakland is fine with him playing football and he said he is gonna play football. It doesnt matter what we think. I guess what everyone is counting on here is that he is hard to catch.

Oakland and Kyler already had a deal worked out. Murray will play football this fall and the baseball moving forward. Oakland will save a little on his signing and use that money to overpay players that fall later in the draft.

Kyler gets the best of both worlds. Will get life changing signing bonus. And gets to play one year of football. I always thought his first love was football but realized the money and upside is baseball. I think he played it smart.

22 minutes ago, TB14 said:

of course an apartment is better than a dorm... smh

i disagree with that statement.  i never had to ride a bus or walk to campus.  i met many friends i wouldn't have had i lived in an apartment. 

John Burt just ran a personal best 13.46 to qualify 5th for the 110m hurdles finals at the NCAA track finals. He was .08 from the lead and has a punchers chance at being a national champion.