Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
echeese

Kenny Vaccaro to Da Boys

That's the rumor out of Frisco.  .. . and I actually thought Da Boys should have traded for him last season as he fell out of favor with the Saints.

Now if I could package a deal to bring him AND Sean Peyton back to Dallas. . . .that would be a grand slam home run.   Hey, I can dream

Would love it, he would be a GREAT fit as Da Boys need a S which allows Byron Jones to slide back to his more natural corner position.

https://thelandryhat.com/2018/02/10/dallas-cowboys-allen-robinson-dez-bryant-replacement/

Former Texas Longhorn and current free agent safety Kenny Vaccaro checks a lot of the boxes for what the Cowboys’ current front office have been known to look for in prospective free agent acquisitions. Vaccaro is a former first round selection, who has yet to live up to those lofty expectations and is still young enough, at 26-years old, to improve.

Last year, Vaccaro posted a solid season with the New Orleans Saints, recording 60 total tackles, 1.5 sacks, seven pass defends and a career-high three interceptions. But the young safety has struggled with inconsistent play his entire career which has resulted in his benching at times.

2 hours ago, Danny Hale said:

Kenny would be an upgrade no doubt plus Earl Thomas wants to play in Dallas

I don't think Dallas has the cap space to pull that off, plus franchise Lawrence and offer a high round tender to Irving. 

3 hours ago, JMagana said:

Yup... Highly unlikely Cowboys have no money to go after upper tier free agents.

Not sure Kenny going to demand huge money but he would be a big upgrade plus that would allow Jones to slide out to CB.

Think Da Boys can work it to add one mid tier FA money wise.

5 hours ago, drgilbert said:

Isn’t Derrick Johnson looking for a new team. 

Would love him with a star but Da Boys need players with 3-5 years go give them.  DJ at the end of his career. . . .but if the money is right. . . .Jerry could create a Longhorn reunion this year.    Kenny DJ Earl.  . .