Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
CeddyB012

Roschon Johnson

The fact of the matter is the services put a lot of stock into camp performances. This is beyond me, because what does 7v7 prove in relation to when the pads come on? I think Johnson will continue to rise as the spring progresses. 

Relax guys. These rankings are done by guys who don't know a damn thing about roschon or southeast Texas football. You can't predict intelligence and work ethic which roschon has. When you combine it with talent you get what you see. 

For those worried, his 40 time is inaccurate. From what I rember, dad said Shug was having groin issues during the opening when I believe it was recorded.  You can watch tape and see that though. That ain't no 4.87 running down field.

On his accuracy, Roschon has to run 30-40 times, whether designed or as a result of coverage, in the more competive games and then is asked to heave bombs which is the main big threat of that style of o. PNG doesn't utilize their rb very often. A scout should know that. He is best when he can rest a bit and heave the ball.

My brother will come in, learn, practice, evolve and be ready for the big stage. 

For now he has a Sr season to prepare for in which all of his weapons graduated and his defense last year was among the worst in Texas. That's how he had a 10 td game with a 72-69 score. The kids has a lot on his plate and it will get even heavier this year. His team was winning solely off his arm and legs, now they will count on it more. My wish is he comes out healthy after carrying the load.

So again relax guys, at Texas Roschon won't have to cope with talent issues and he has the resources to learn and develop. I'll holla at you guys later

39 minutes ago, Heyyouthere said:

Relax guys. These rankings are done by guys who don't know a damn thing about roschon or southeast Texas football. You can't predict intelligence and work ethic which roschon has. When you combine it with talent you get what you see. 

For those worried, his 40 time is inaccurate. From what I rember, dad said Shug was having groin issues during the opening when I believe it was recorded.  You can watch tape and see that though. That ain't no 4.87 running down field.

On his accuracy, Roschon has to run 30-40 times, whether designed or as a result of coverage, in the more competive games and then is asked to heave bombs which is the main big threat of that style of o. PNG doesn't utilize their rb very often. A scout should know that. He is best when he can rest a bit and heave the ball.

My brother will come in, learn, practice, evolve and be ready for the big stage. 

For now he has a Sr season to prepare for in which all of his weapons graduated and his defense last year was among the worst in Texas. That's how he had a 10 td game with a 72-69 score. The kids has a lot on his plate and it will get even heavier this year. His team was winning solely off his arm and legs, now they will count on it more. My wish is he comes out healthy after carrying the load.

So again relax guys, at Texas Roschon won't have to cope with talent issues and he has the resources to learn and develop. I'll holla at you guys later

He is a hard worker no doubt. The 10 TD night he had I was like holy S'''t... RJ wasnn't messing around.  I hope he got the game ball that night.  That's why I said he's the most underrated QB I have ever seen. The way he plays as a dual threat QB fits the scheme in Herman's system 

16 hours ago, okiehorn said:

See I disagree, if Texas is going to have a good year and work there way back it’s this year. With the conference being down anything less than 9 wins is a disappointment. Showed our defense can make it without the NFL talent that left in the bowl game. And the offense can’t get any worse. Line will be better simply because experience. Staying healthy hopefully but if not we have depth finally. Hell think about it, at our worst on offense we lost how many games coming down to the wire? On a season where the big 12 was stacked. This is long winded but unless we just lay a lot of eggs I don’t see Texas losing much. I know we have to prove it but the talent and coaching is there. Finally. 

Nice post.... I hate to nitpick; but I looked at the Roster table, and when you add Grandy to the OL (not counting True Freshmen) we have 10 players!  Injuries would absolutely wreak havoc once again. 

Hopefully we get Anderson on board and recruit one or two JUCOs or Grad transfers in 2019.  Still desperately thin and must stop playing TF on the OL!

7 hours ago, Heyyouthere said:

Relax? After what you just said? Relax? lol I fear for Roschon's health now. lol

7 hours ago, Heyyouthere said:

“My brother as in actual brother”  or brother from another mother type brother? 

49 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Relax? After what you just said? Relax? lol I fear for Roschon's health now. lol

Like Aaron Rogers said, "Relaaxxx". lol. The most likely thing is he redshirts anyways. 

Lets sit back and let the kid continue to develop before we worry to far ahead in the future. Still got a year of high school left & 4 qbs on the current longhorn roster ahead of him.

2 hours ago, Heyyouthere said:

Like Aaron Rogers said, "Relaaxxx". lol. The most likely thing is he redshirts anyways. 

Lets sit back and let the kid continue to develop before we worry to far ahead in the future. Still got a year of high school left & 4 qbs on the current longhorn roster ahead of him.

really-sweating.gif

19 hours ago, Heyyouthere said:

Thanks for sharing this! Please post more. 

23 hours ago, Heyyouthere said:

By the way, if you see Jimbo in your neighborhood out there, call the police. lol