Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Harrison Wier

Burnt Ends - 02/12/18

31 minutes ago, Sirhornsalot said:

Its a different world than that situation. We had no business losing to Kansas – EVER. The unpardonable sin. Charlie just had to go after that.

We're now here complaining on the heels of a 2 or 3 OT game where we played fairly well just to be in that situation. We've got some good wins under our belt, haven't been beat up on by any team save for the last TCU game. There's been no unpardonable sin here. Would we still be here if Jones were able to play? I don't know, but we'd have had a much better shot with him than without him.

The hoops team has represented us well, put us through no embarrassment. I say let it play out one more year.

The shooter news isn't good but maybe he swings a grad transfer or a Set Shot Johnson somewhere.

I understand your frustration though.

As a Texas fan I feel like I am enduring a death by a thousand cuts. And with most people willing to give Smart another year, I worry that I'll endure another thousand.

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

9oiSl.gif

9 hours ago, Sirhornsalot said:

9oiSl.gif

Great movie.

Sterling Hayden was a Marine and OSS agent, earning a Silver Star in WWII, he played the part of Crazy base commander in Dr Strangelove.

As an OSS agent, he work with the communist partisans against the Nazies in Yugoslovia and after his return to the states, joined the Communist Party.    Which ran him afoul of the McCarthy hearings and put a serious dent in his Hollywood career (though in truth, his passion was travel not acting).

Casting him in that role was one of Stanley Kubrick's ways of giving DC the finger

46 minutes ago, echeese said:

Great movie.

Sterling Hayden was a Marine and OSS agent, earning a Silver Star in WWII, he played the part of Crazy base commander in Dr Strangelove.

As an OSS agent, he work with the communist partisans against the Nazies in Yugoslovia and after his return to the states, joined the Communist Party.    Which ran him afoul of the McCarthy hearings and put a serious dent in his Hollywood career (though in truth, his passion was travel not acting).

Casting him in that role was one of Stanley Kubrick's ways of giving DC the finger

I may be wrong, but I think that is George C. Scott in that gif, cheese.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:19 PM, Harrison Wier said:

That ship has sailed. Most juco kids don’t sign with the colleges they planned on attending. Miller also tore his ACL last season. Hope he can get it together. 

Only I can think of is an OT signed with Texas. Went to Trinity Valley could not start there. Then came back to Texas and played very little.

2 hours ago, Eastexhorn said:

Only I can think of is an OT signed with Texas. Went to Trinity Valley could not start there. Then came back to Texas and played very little.

Alphio Randall. . . . 5 star out of HS, 5 star out of JUCO. . . .complete bust at TEXAS, not sure he ever cracked the 2 deep.

HUGE dude though.