Join Our Community

Do you bleed Burnt Orange? Come talk about the Longhorns! Registration is FREE and EASY!

This all depends on whether Tim Beck is running the offense again.

"We no longer start a freshman QB and now have an OL worthy of game planning for."

Last year we had Williams, Vahe, and Shack on the left side.  STUDS all.  We lost our starting RT just before game 1.  What did Tim Beck do?  He ran the ball to the right side CONSTANTLY.

Whether we have an OL worthy of game planning for (and I agree if Anderson signs) or not, do we have an OC/Playcaller who CAN gameplan?

4 minutes ago, Scottmg said:

This all depends on whether Tim Beck is running the offense again.

"We no longer start a freshman QB and now have an OL worthy of game planning for."

Last year we had Williams, Vahe, and Shack on the left side.  STUDS all.  We lost our starting RT just before game 1.  What did Tim Beck do?  He ran the ball to the right side CONSTANTLY.

Whether we have an OL worthy of game planning for (and I agree if Anderson signs) or not, do we have an OC/Playcaller who CAN gameplan?

Believe in the Herman. He made some changes in the offseason. Can’t get much worse 

4 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

Believe in the Herman. He made some changes in the offseason. Can’t get much worse 

My 1 and ONLY issue with coach Herman is his retaining of an OC that led the WORST offense in UT history.  Charlie did the same thing.  Kept the terrible coaches, let them RUIN the team in pre season practice, then replaced them essentially losing another season.

I'll trust him, but I'm scared that Beck is still collecting a paycheck. 

25 minutes ago, Scottmg said:

My 1 and ONLY issue with coach Herman is his retaining of an OC that led the WORST offense in UT history.  Charlie did the same thing.  Kept the terrible coaches, let them RUIN the team in pre season practice, then replaced them essentially losing another season.

I agree to this, BUT as he said in a presser when someone asked this question a program needs stability. How many OC have we had in the matter of 5 years?  This was the very first year for this new offense. Yes Beck was terrible but Herman was on the headset, he could have called the plays off. He is the head coach. I believe starting so many freshman in a pinch led to the disaster. Yes maybe Beck should have changed things up, kept it simple and played to the teams strengths but he didn’t. Can’t harp on it now. Was def ugly. I think the hand dealt didn’t help. AND lastly I believe Herb Hand will help tremendously as I believe he is a co- OC now. If I remember right. All I’m saying is Herman made changes because he to saw how ugly it got. 

34 minutes ago, okiehorn said:

I agree to this, BUT as he said in a presser when someone asked this question a program needs stability. How many OC have we had in the matter of 5 years?  This was the very first year for this new offense. Yes Beck was terrible but Herman was on the headset, he could have called the plays off. He is the head coach. I believe starting so many freshman in a pinch led to the disaster. Yes maybe Beck should have changed things up, kept it simple and played to the teams strengths but he didn’t. Can’t harp on it now. Was def ugly. I think the hand dealt didn’t help. AND lastly I believe Herb Hand will help tremendously as I believe he is a co- OC now. If I remember right. All I’m saying is Herman made changes because he to saw how ugly it got. 

praying you are right.  Again, the data leans me towards you aren't.  Play calling was an issue all season and yet in the final game vs. Tech, he let Beck call a pass on 3rd and 2 when we needed clock to run and we all know what happened.

My point is, Coach Herman KNEW the issues with play calling and yet did nothing about it all year.

17 minutes ago, Scottmg said:

praying you are right.  Again, the data leans me towards you aren't.  Play calling was an issue all season and yet in the final game vs. Tech, he let Beck call a pass on 3rd and 2 when we needed clock to run and we all know what happened.

My point is, Coach Herman KNEW the issues with play calling and yet did nothing about it all year.

This is all true. Just trying to stay positive lol 

On 2/10/2018 at 9:15 AM, North Texas Golfer said:

Thinking 8-4 as a worse case scenario with 10-2 a best case. For me, anything less than 9-3 will be a disappointment. I will be "happy" with 9-3, happier with 10-2, and ecstatic with 11-1.

Six games that we should definitely win

Maryland, Tulsa, Baylor, Tech, Iowa State, Kansas

Six games that are 50/50

USC, TCU, OU, KSU, OSU, WVA

OSU lost way too much.  .. 7 we should win . .. .5 that are toss ups.

Agree with your finishes.

2 hours ago, Scottmg said:

Agree with this, but will say that there is a delicate balance that has to be accounted for. We've had too many OCs come through here and there needs to be some continuity. I'm all for giving Beck another chance, but if he's not cutting it, let Hand call the plays. TH may have to het involved, but at that point, why have Beck hang around. For the sake of the team, I hope Beck is successful this year.