Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
echeese

Poona Mocked to Da Boys

One of my favorite sites about Da Boys has a new article with a 7 round (and comp picks) mock.   Fairly realistic mock and some talented players selected.

Not sure I would go OG in round 1 but pretty much like the other picks though I'd have gone 2 LBs and only 1 DB if Da Boys can land Marcus Allen in the 3rd.

Pick 117: The Dallas Cowboys select Poona Ford, DT, Texas (Brugler: 120th)

Analysis: It’s an absolute slap to the face that he was snubbed for a Combine invitation as Brugler says there certainly aren’t 300 players better than Ford in this draft. Ford is a run-stuffing tackle that give you his all as a pass rusher as well. He may only be 6’0 but he gives absolute effort on every play. He’s had plenty of success taking on double teams and busting up protection.

He does have decent length in his arms to reach through blocks and finish the ball carrier. Ford is going to be pigeon-holed into a 4-3 scheme and he would be a dream for Rod Marinelli, who is more than capable of getting everything out of Poona Ford.