Join Our Community

Are you a fan of the Texas Longhorns? Registration is FREE and EASY. Join the discussion!
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Seahorn

New Title For Derek Warehime?

2 minutes ago, CoachEmUp64 said:

whats probably going to happen is warehime will be TE (when working on run/pass block)/OT and Hand will have the entire OL but mainly focus on interior (OG/OC)  and meekins will have the TE (when working on routes)/Inside Wr's

very common setup

This makes the most sense. 

Hmmmm, Super K reported the following breakdown:

Drew Mehringer coaches outside wide receivers.

Corby Meekins coaches inside wide receivers.

Herb Hand takes over tight ends and offensive tackles.

Derek Warehime would then have interior offensive linemen.

LOL, seems like this is a work in progress?

18 minutes ago, longhorn_mig said:

Hmmmm, Super K reported the following breakdown:

Drew Mehringer coaches outside wide receivers.

Corby Meekins coaches inside wide receivers.

Herb Hand takes over tight ends and offensive tackles.

Derek Warehime would then have interior offensive linemen.

LOL, seems like this is a work in progress?

It would make the most sense if you switched Warehime's and Hand's names in that statement, imo. If this is the staff Tom Herman is going to roll with, then he may end up calling a lot of the plays, similar to the bowl game.

I don't think we would be able to hire Dodge as a QC, without putting Ehlinger's eligibility in question. 

This is from a recent SBNation post that I read:

In bowl subdivision football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete’s anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete’s actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (either on a salaried or volunteer basis) or enter into a contract for future employment with an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

15 minutes ago, R00T4UT said:

I don't think we would be able to hire Dodge as a QC, without putting Ehlinger's eligibility in question. 

This is from a recent SBNation post that I read:

In bowl subdivision football, during a two-year period before a prospective student-athlete’s anticipated enrollment and a two-year period after the prospective student-athlete’s actual enrollment, an institution shall not employ (either on a salaried or volunteer basis) or enter into a contract for future employment with an individual associated with the prospective student-athlete in any athletics department noncoaching staff position or in a strength and conditioning staff position.

Good find.  Not sure it'd go over well with Shane either.

1 hour ago, Texas2725 said:

Things could change and I have no inside info, but it doesn't feel like Dodge is coming in any capacity including QC etc.

It certainly doesn’t appear he is coming to be one of the 10 assistants, and taking a QC job would be a pay cut compared to what he makes now.