drgilbert

***The Official Longhorn Frenzy Dedication Thread***

Advertise on HornSports
10 minutes ago, drgilbert said:

Perroni is on crack. 

More or less said, if Aggy is on the player's list, aggy will win the recruiting battle. Gbenda was the only one exception.

No wonder a love/hate thing exists between aggy and its mods. They love him now, hate him later. Rinse, repeat.

On 3/11/2018 at 10:25 PM, drgilbert said:

Back in the day San Antonio Express lead sports columist Kevin O'Keef was livid that Popovich named himself coach over Hill. O'Keef began a hatchet job on Pop and wrote whatever he could to get him fired....

The offshoot?...Pop goes on to win 5 championships and O'Keef is run out of town and out of the news business as far as I can tell. The moral?..If Herman is successful, Burton is toast

12 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

Back in the day San Antonio Express lead sports columist Kevin O'Keef was livid that Popovich named himself coach over Hill. O'Keef began a hatchet job on Pop and wrote whatever he could to get him fired....

The offshoot?...Pop goes on to win 5 championships and O'Keef is run out of town and out of the news business as far as I can tell. The moral?..If Herman is successful, Burton is toast

I remember that well. I was in New Braunfels at the time in the news biz. I became sort of a Spurs fan back then. Honestly, I didn't think Pop had a choice. I had no faith in Hill as a coach. He was off to something like a 3-17 start or something that year.

Pop took the reigns, started winning, Robinson broke his foot, Spurs fell down in the ranks and lucked into a lottery pick – who became Tim Duncan.

Those were the days.

According to my behind the scenes, closet leaker, in the shadows - absolute 100%, in the past, accurate forecaster - we already have 5 "silent" commits.  Four of which aggy thinks are leaning their way.  Two of which the Longhorn faithful will be shocked to learn who they are.

Rejoice Longhorn nation - Herman be good at what he do.